Regular Contributor

Respected Contributor

Re: Using Moderators for Personal Order Assistance

[ Edited ]

wrote:
Is anyone else besides me getting annoyed seeing posters using this forum as a means to get information from the moderators concerning their own personal orders? Sometimes I will see a topic I think might interest me only to open it up to find someone is just wanting an answer from a moderator. Isn't that what customer service, not a moderator, is for? Just my two cents.

Sometimes a customer doesn’t receive  the help they need from a Customer rep on the phone.  So, they come here for more help.  I see nothing wrong with that.  I think the moderators are more than happy to help.  

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me a bit.. the mods are great at helping people out, and I think it's quite nice

Honored Contributor

No, I'm not annoyed at all. As mentioned, some posters don't get satisfactory results by calling CS.  I think since they post here and know they might get better results by asking a mod to step in...I say good for them!

And thumbs up to the mods for doing this. 

Respected Contributor

Not at all. I had an order that was shown as shipped. I checked with customer service and they said yes it was shipped...never came. I asked a moderator on these boards for help and they were able to find out for me that it had never shipped. They were right and C/S was not.

Kudos to the mods!!!!

Honored Contributor

it doesnt bother me at all and i have used their services a few times. i generally post my questions or concerns on the CUSTOMER CARE forums instead of on community chat though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Nope 

Honored Contributor

Annoyed?

Not at all, considering the moderators have told us that they are hired to be CS reps and moderators equally and that their CS duties are just as important, or more, than strictly moderating. They have indeed asked posters to ask for help. They are the “escalated CS”, and moderators as well/incidentally. Doing their designated job.  Oops...

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, it doesn’t bother me.  The Mods are very helpful. It’s no skin off my nose if they help others, imo it’s very nice of them.  Don’t sweat the small stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

The "moderators" are part of the social team and wear many hats.  Yes, moderating the boards and FB are part of their duties but they are also liaisons to other departments within QVC. 

Problem solving seems to be their primary function whether it be keeping the boards functioning in an acceptable way to QVC or helping posters with their orders.  The "moderators" often reach out with an offer to help when a poster has a complaint or question, no prompting needed.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.