Respected Contributor

I don't go to too many crowded events but I saw Bob Dylan (when I was in high school) at a smaller venue and I really got a different idea of what music could be.

I saw the Beatles twice also when I was in high school and of course I loved being there.

But the old stadium sound equipment was terrible and up in the cheap seats I could hardly hear them.

Respected Contributor

I went to the greatest venue in the world Madison Square Garden and I saw my favorite singer Elton John. He was joined onstage by none other then John Lennon. It was awesome. I've seen too many to name but I will name a few, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Stones, The Who, Frampton, Rod Stewart, Aerosmith, Bowie, Bon Jovi, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Willie Nelson, but I've seen ELTON about 20 or more times in my lifetime. I was actually going again to MSG and than Covid hit NYC! Its supposed to be rescheduled. So we will see...

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I too have attended many many concerts over the years.  I am a big Stones fan and have seen them 13 times........they never let me down!    My favorite, absolutely Smiley Happy

@LindaSal  - I'm with you - the Stones have always given the best concerts.  I didn't go on their last tour and now I wish I had.

Trusted Contributor

@red&curly wrote:
Oh my! Jaspersmom, my husband would talk to you all day just to find out about that adventure.He so loves his Beatles!
He is also Stones fan.I have to say that was the best concert I ever went to.
Second was a fave of mine Kiss.Went with hubby & best friends.Had been to several of theirs but this night Kiss Army was in rare form.The surge of the fans all behind the band was sooo intense is what stands out.
Start one with the worst...i have a few.

Oh, how I wish I could.  Yes, I was and continue to be a HUGE Beatles fan, but I'm also a HUGE fan of the Stones.  My second favorite concert was RS 7th row at Madison Squuare Garden in 1975.  Free tickets to boot!!!  My family and I have seen Paul McCartney numerous times.  We also follow tribute bands.  Check out the Fab Faux which is one of the best Beatles tribute bands out there.  They recreate note for note all Beatles songs.  Tell your husband to also check out Scott Freiman's lectures on deconstructing Beatles albums.  If you ever can go to one of his lectures in person, you'll be amazed.  He does have his work available on DVD. 

Honored Contributor
Chicago in 1973 when they came to our university. The gym where they performed had no a/c, so most of us laid on blankets out on the lawn for part of it.
Valued Contributor
Ok I will tell him .Thanks so much.We have seen several tribute bands.I know we saw Rain & 1964.It seems like one more.Both were very good.Think it was 1964 that played Carnegie Hall.Look them up if you get a chance.

Just saw a Queen tribute last year.Very impressive.They played at our local college UNCP

Take care& be safe.
Valued Contributor
Sorry forgot to add.We saw Ringo last year in Durham @ performing arts center.Great time.Everyone happy and upbeat.IMAGINE
Respected Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

@red&curly wrote:
Oh my! Jaspersmom, my husband would talk to you all day just to find out about that adventure.He so loves his Beatles!
He is also Stones fan.I have to say that was the best concert I ever went to.
Second was a fave of mine Kiss.Went with hubby & best friends.Had been to several of theirs but this night Kiss Army was in rare form.The surge of the fans all behind the band was sooo intense is what stands out.
Start one with the worst...i have a few.

Oh, how I wish I could.  Yes, I was and continue to be a HUGE Beatles fan, but I'm also a HUGE fan of the Stones.  My second favorite concert was RS 7th row at Madison Squuare Garden in 1975.  Free tickets to boot!!!  My family and I have seen Paul McCartney numerous times.  We also follow tribute bands.  Check out the Fab Faux which is one of the best Beatles tribute bands out there.  They recreate note for note all Beatles songs.  Tell your husband to also check out Scott Freiman's lectures on deconstructing Beatles albums.  If you ever can go to one of his lectures in person, you'll be amazed.  He does have his work available on DVD. 

Have you ever seen the tribute band  Zep Again? I don't have to tell you who they pay tribute to. 😂 They were pretty awesome. We caught them on a Royal Caribbean cruise. even my son enjoyed them. My husband and I went every night they played.