Respected Contributor

'74 Allman Bros Band at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City. We sat on a big blanket and they played all  night for hours and hours...jamming.  it was after 1AM

Fleetwood Mac - they opened for Jefferson Starship (Miracles, Dragonfly) w Marty Balin. At Boston Garden '75.  Another long show. there were no assigned seats or maybe it just seemed that way, everyone was milling about on the main floor

...many others...

Esteemed Contributor

I too have attended many many concerts over the years.  I am a big Stones fan and have seen them 13 times........they never let me down!    My favorite, absolutely Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Me too! I swore I wouldn't scream but sure enough did. Great memories!

Esteemed Contributor

Bon Jovi!! It was awesome!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: trip down memory lane

[ Edited ]

That's easy. The Beatles concert at City Park Stadium in NOLA on their first US tour.  I won front row tickets through a radio station giveaway.  It was the high point of my young life!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@spiderw  It was a great time, wasn't it? Those things stay with you for life. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: trip down memory lane

[ Edited ]

James Taylor, early '70s, Kansas University Field House, Lawrence, KS. Stool, acoustic guitar, James. I was in high school and attended with college friends. Still shocked my strict dad allowed me to go. Loved it. Now I listen to Ben Taylor, James' son -- great voice and songwriter.

2019 or 2018 -- Hubs' and I had Jimmy Buffett on our bucket list. He appeared in town with Huey Lewis and the News. Wow - both gave a great concert. Jimmy smiling, laughing, story telling and keeping it light. Lewis giving it all he had. Just wow. Good evening. 

In college, Timberline from Colorado came twice a year to campus. Huge favorite among college students in West and Midwest. Days of John Denver and Alabama music. Also, Melissa Manchester was also a frequent visitor. Beautiful lady and voice. My boyfriend (hubs now) had a crush on her. Saw Steve Martin comedy tour twice at college. His Excuuuuuse Me season. Say what you will, but he was funny! We've been to other concerts, in between these years, except for Garth Brooks, the ones listed are most memorable.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Oh I have so enjoyed all the responses  and stories of  all the capers. Thanks to all who replied. I have to say. I am envious of some of you guys. seeing the beatles and the stones in their early days, awesome. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal 

I have never seen the Stones, and likely never will as I won't go to big venues...but....

Caught a bit of their concert in Havana on TV yesterday and was amazed at the quality of performance.  

Sorry now that I never had a chance to see them.

Valued Contributor

In random order:

David Bowie (during his Ziggy phase; at Radio City Music Hall he was lowered from the ceiling over the stage sitting on a large sphere)

Tina Turner (opening act Glenn Frey)

Cream

Traffic (I was a Stevie Winwood fan)

Peter Allen (Peter Frampton walked by my aisle seat with their mutual manager Dee Anthony)

Liza Minnelli

The Who (at The Fillmore East)

ELO (Madison Square Garden)