Honored Contributor

Tide Free and Gentle HE for me.

7E0580BF-D24D-4E90-90A5-916222D880F9.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I can't handle the fragrance of the regular Tide Pods, but I an the liquid, so I use that for all my cold water washing and I'll use the Tide Free & Clear for the other stuff.  

Valued Contributor

Re: tide detergent

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest   I freely admit, I'm super finicky abt my "clothes washing."  I'm finicky abt separating items for a load...  And I just dont feel clean without that "Tide" scent. I grew up on "Tide," 

I use several forms of "Tide,"  .(usually mixed with some other chosen added products, such as "OxyClean," or "Clorox," or "Clorox for Colors", or "Arm & Hammer")...  those added usually depend on how I sorted the load, ex .. colors, fabrication, whites only, intimates only, "gentle," sheets, blankets, etc) 

The "base," most common I use is liquid  "Tide with Downy" (below):

This is not all that easy to find in some grocery stores.

Smells incredibly wonderful, & really really gets my washes clean.  HTHs

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used it ,when my kids were young,but have not for years.But what is the hygienic clean about? Seems to be for large loads.May give tide,of some kind a try. I like the lysol sanitizer, you add to rinse cycle ,especially for towels

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I like Tide Original and with Downy.

download (9).jpg

@threecees 

For a long time I was using the Tide with Downy in the Sweet Dreams scent ... loved it.  So, of course, they discontinued it.

Now, I use the Tide free and clear with Downy free and clear ... or something to that effect.    

I find Tide selections to be "tricky" because I can't stand the smell of several of them!    So, I use the unscented and then just throw a lavendar dryer sheet into the dryer with those loads.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy Tide ultra oxy pods.

Trucker daughter buys Tide hygienic clean for her laundry.  

Teacher daughter uses Method and Dreft to wash her clothes.

I also use Purex, Ajax, Cheer and Era.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only buy Tide.  Others are cheaper, but I still stick with Tide.  We have a top loader, so I don't use pods or any of the front loader stuff.  I use the bleach combo for color clothes.  Regular bleach for whites, but the same tide.  I remember one time buying All (I think that was it) and clothes came out barely clean.  Tide cleans them thoroughly.  You can use the podsfor top loaders, but I just don't.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I  had no idea there is so many kinds of it, i was looking at laundry detergents on amazon yesterday.

I was overwhelmed in Target last week by the selection.

I like the pod format for my Tide but like everyone else the selection is daunting.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie @That is true about clothes that I out in dryer, but I hang dry much of summer delicate fabrics. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is proven that the origonal Tide is hard on clothes.

I use liquid Cheer.  My grocer quit carring Cheer; probably because of the cost.  Our items last.

I order large bottles from walmart.