Honored Contributor

this year's "hot" Christmas gift item in our area- is it in yours?

I live in Metro Atlanta.  Everyone seems to have gone crazy this year over the Yeti Ramblers.  It's a tumbler, like a Tervis tumbler, but metal, not acrylic like the Tervis.

People on a large local Facebook group I belong to are going crazy looking for these.  They're sold out everywhere.  There was even an article in the Atlanta paper yesterday.  They said it was a nationwide thing, not just here.  Retailers can't keep them on the shelves.

Is the Yeti Rambler the hot item in your area?  If not, what is?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

Re: this year's "hot" Christmas gift item in our area- is it in yours?

[ Edited ]

I live just west of downtown Atlanta out towards Douglasville and I had never even heard of the Yeti Rambler.  but I don't watch/ read a lot of local news.  I'm about to go look and see what all the brew ha ha is about.  lol

ETA:  Wow, nice but expensive.  Basically a coozie for $30,  The coolers and other products are very nice and seem high quality, but also expensive.

I haven't found any shortages this year in gift categories, but I don't buy toys,

Respected Contributor

Anything that says Yeti is expensive.    I tried to talk my husband into buying me one at Cabelas.   He didn't like the price tho.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I looked up the "hot" mugs awhile ago. What makes them different? The name of them? Plenty of other cups/etc keep liquids cold/hot for longs periods of time.

Respected Contributor

I never heard of them either.  I also had to look them up.  It looks like you can order directly from their website, however it might be too late to order for Christmas.  I didn't check out their shipping policies.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like it might be a popular item in the desert..........but I haven't seen anything like it

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

To me, these look like the Contigo tumblers.  Contigo is expensive too.    The koosies are a bit high priced.

Honored Contributor

The YETI cooler is what started this craze.  

It's an upscale line of coolers for tailgating, etc.    

Makes sense the accessories would sell like hot cakes, as well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

324x267tanroadie.jpg (327×267)

Here is the cooler. It looks like the same material plastic as an Igloo. The shape, the name? I don't get it. 300-500 + range for these. lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I collect Tervis and bought 3 of them at Disneyworld for my children. I just moved from Rome, GA and haven't heard of them.