Contributor

so many recalls!

[ Edited ]
Esteemed Contributor

How can anyone keep up with this? I look back on my childhood and recall the stomach viruses I had. I didn’t have a bug. I likely had food poisoning. In those days we had no recalls. We just got sick and hoped for the best,

Contributor

i know, there are so many. seems like one every day lately. no one can keep up!

Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking the same thing when I heard about yet another recall this morning!  What worries me is that by the time the recall is reported, many people have already ingested the culprit food!!  Maybe our systems are not really that proficient at detecting dangerous bits in our food!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Just think about the food we don’t know about! 

Honored Contributor

If any food item seems slightly 'off' in any way, make sure to call the company's toll free phone number and report the problem.

They are supposed to keep track of various complaints, and remedy the problem before it turns into a huge problem.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Too many recalls;  too many products made on production lines with no human oversight.  Industry cuts jobs to increase their profit margin.  We are seeing the result.

Contributor

its too overwhelming to even try and keep up with these recalls.  i read it is going to get even worse if you can imagine that!  it is scary to even eat any food these days!

Honored Contributor

Interesting that sometimes the same company keeps showing up over and over on the list like Tyson and Caito....I am avoiding these brands with repeat offenses....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

'What I've been doing' (for many years):

I save all receipts, noting the date and various food items, including the ones that are perishable, at the top of the receipt.

'I know', it takes a minute of my time, but well worth it. 

The latest dated receipts at the front/top.

After a year or so, I discard them.

Same with household and clothing items.

'Just in case' I decide to return/exchange them for whatever reason.

Which doesn't happen very often, btw.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).