Respected Contributor

just anounced that rhode islands only sears is closing this fall. i new it was a matter of time before it would close. will miss it. just bought an kenmore elite 8000 btu air conditioner from there. it works really good.

Respected Contributor

I have always loved Sears appliances. I just told my son to check on a dryer before they close but my questions are these" Can his purchase still be insured for possible defects and problems and who will accept responsibility for repairing it?  Are products on sale?It is a shame to lose so many of these long established and valued places of business.

Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

I have always loved Sears appliances. I just told my son to check on a dryer before they close but my questions are these" Can his purchase still be insured for possible defects and problems and who will accept responsibility for repairing it?  Are products on sale?It is a shame to lose so many of these long established and valued places of business.

I would avoid Kenmore appliances at this time. They're all made by other companies and not Sears anyway. Here's a site that shows you how to find out which company makes the Kenmore appliances. http://www.appliance411.com/purchase/sears.shtml

You can buy the same appliance with the real makers name on it and not have to worry about problems down the road.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Hope the Sears and Kmarts pensions will still go on not raided that closet

Respected Contributor

I have used SEars for many many years and in recent months, canceled my account with them. Reason being they changed their store card to a MasterCard and somehow mine was used. When these stores change from store cards to Visa, Master Card, etc they can be used anywhere and it can be a nightmare. What a fight to TRY and get it straightened out - Citibank holds that account now. I was very upset over it as my parents before me were always strong supporters. As I have said many times they were the one and only company for quite a spell after WWII, that would ship things overseas to military families - have never forgotten that!! So very sad. And yes, all appliances here came from Sears.

Honored Contributor

sears was always the place to get quality. somehow sears lost the way.

I am leery about purchasing any major appliance or anything major right now, don't know if you will ever get the item or installion because this is such a fluid situation with sears. don't know if that store will be closed in a blink of an eye.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband has been a Sears guy since I met him-1970!!!!!  We live closeby to the Sears store here in RI and he was sad to hear the news that it is closing...

Honored Contributor

I used to buy all my appliances at Sears.  They carried most brands and they had (I think is was) 6 months to pay without interest if you used their credit card.  

We have a huge Sears the next town over.  I haven't been in it in over 15 years.  

Respected Contributor

if you buy am appliance like whirlpool or maytag you can get the contract threw whirlpool. i have them and there excellent.

Respected Contributor

i think its a matter of time before they close all there stores. this is the third group of store closings.