Honored Contributor

Have You Seen the Next Gen Ken?

If you take a look at a modern day Barbie doll, you may notice she looks a little different than she use to — in a good way! Early last year, Mattel announced that it was creating three new body types for its dolls to reflect the look of real-life girls and women. The change also came with seven skin tones, 22 eye colors, 30 hair colors, 24 hair styles and 14 face sculpts. Now, Barbie's go-to man Ken is following suit.

The company just announced that it is expanding its Barbie Fashionista line with a more diverse range of Ken dolls. The line will bring 15 new figures with three different body types — slim, broad and original. These "Next Gen Kens" will also have a range of seven skin tones, eight hair colors, nine hair style and outfit options from casual business attire to athletic wear.

In addition, the brand is also rolling out 25 additional diverse Barbies that will join the 100+ diverse looks already on shelves. The new additions will include a more variety of skin tones, hair colors and styles and body shapes.

"By continuing to expand our product line, we are redefining what a Barbie or Ken doll looks like to this generation," said Lisa McKnight, Barbie's Senior Vice President and General Manager in a statement to GoodHousekeeping.com. "Evolving Ken was a natural evolution for the brand and allows girls to further personalize the role they want him to play in Barbie's world."

Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Seen the Next Gen Ken?

Mo' Kens, Mo' Money.

Honored Contributor

I could do without the man buns. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ummm,  I'm pretty sure Barbie wouldn't date any of those guys. 

Honored Contributor

I think Barbie and I would prefer the old Ken over these Ken...ish Kens.

QVC Social Team

This post has been removed by QVC because it's inappropriate.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like any one of them ..... not my cup of tea & speaking  for Barbie she doesn't like them either!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Image result for cat interesting meme

I dont like the man bun either! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Village People Reboot

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono I just laughed and laughed and laughed when I saw the man bun, LOL!