Honored Contributor

Re: real housewives and bravo general ""news"" and gossip for april 2015

On 4/8/2015 scotttie said:

Whether he realized he was a citizen or not doesn't matter to me. I don't believe deporting him is the right thing to do that's all.

it may not necessarily be the "right" thing to do, BUT if it has happened to many people before him with families and children then i dont really see why he should be the exception to the rule of law. the rest of the family will not lose their citizenship. in fact, they are all already dual citizens.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 scotttie said:
On 4/4/2015 mousiegirl said:
On 4/4/2015 scotttie said:

I really don't understand why people want Joe deported so badly. He has been in this country since he was an infant.

His children don't deserve to be punished any more than they already have been by their parents misdeeds. Yes, THEY should have thought of that but they didn't and so now the gov't should punish them even more by deporting their father? I just can't get behind this. Joe can do his time and hopefully that will be the end of his criminal career. That and restitution should be enough punishment for his crimes.

He didn't murder anybody.

I agree, scotttie. If Joe is deported, it is his children who will suffer the most.

Thank you. I think you and I are a majority of two! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I think so. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 SydneyH said:

And you could return to this country whenever you wanted was the point.

Oh yes of course, I was well aware of my citizenship status. That's why when Juicy was claiming he was unaware, I know he's lying because he took several trips to Italy.

...and not just to italy......remember when they went to the dominican republic? he would have had to have traveled on his italian passport.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2015 sunshine45 said:

Whether he realized he was a citizen or not doesn't matter to me. I don't believe deporting him is the right thing to do that's all.

it may not necessarily be the "right" thing to do, BUT if it has happened to many people before him with families and children then i dont really see why he should be the exception to the rule of law. the rest of the family will not lose their citizenship. in fact, they are all already dual citizens.

Well, since we are going to talk about other people...the borders in this country are wide open with people here ILLEGALLY coming over in droves. Joe is here legally and has been here since he was an infant. His mother is here, his children are here and his wife is here. Let him do his time for his crime and let that be the end of it.

Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2015 SydneyH said:

And you could return to this country whenever you wanted was the point.

Oh yes of course, I was well aware of my citizenship status. That's why when Juicy was claiming he was unaware, I know he's lying because he took several trips to Italy.

Again, that isn't the point. The point is, he will do his time for his crime. It isn't necessary to deport him and punish his family.

Honored Contributor

Well, since we are going to talk about other people...the borders in this country are wide open with people here ILLEGALLY coming over in droves. Joe is here legally and has been here since he was an infant. His mother is here, his children are here and his wife is here. Let him do his time for his crime and let that be the end of it.

LOL not going to go into THAT discussion about the borders because it is not relevant to the particular laws we are discussing......i am referring to those who are here legally that commit crimes, in joes case MULTIPLE crimes, and the laws that affect THEM. of course, maybe he should have thought about all of this before he did what he did.......and seemingly has no regret.

Respected Contributor

Sunshine, I just don't see why his prison term isn't enough. It's not like he got away with it.

Honored Contributor

scottie, we have discussed this before a few times, but i think we have to agree to disagree. whatever the outcome at this point after those four or so years is in the hands of the government and law enforcement.

Respected Contributor

scottie, we have discussed this before a few times, but i think we have to agree to disagree. whatever the outcome at this point after those four or so years is in the hands of the government and law enforcement.

Yes. But I think it will come up again {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You are always a good discussion partner. Thank you for that!

Honored Contributor

Sunshine, I just don't see why his prison term isn't enough. It's not like he got away with it.

he has gotten away with some of it......there are some families and some businesses and loan companies that may NEVER get their money back.