Trusted Contributor

It has been a chilly rainy day. I am sitting here looking out my kitchen window, having a warm chai latte. So good and comforting. So thankful to have a cozy home and a loving husband.  I am blessed.

Honored Contributor

right now my water well went out on me since 3a.m. haven't had any water in house waiting for the water well boys to get on the ball and get back and fix the **** thing.

I can't cook, clean , go to bathroom, wash, brushing my teeth from the stored water in refrig. Hubbo keeps 5 gallon buckets on hand for emergencies to flush the commode.

when that runs out guess I'll hit the enclosed patio with a roll of t p.

Temps in 70's.   Short in something down in the well, plus, he told me to quit pouring bleach down in there too

instead use bleach tablets. Corrodes the pipe and ate thru some kind of coupling or some kind of thingie.

Water well water always smells fungus-e so we pour bleach down it to purify it, but, that's causing damage.

Hubbo had to go to work without showering LOL He was glad to go in early so he would have a commode. LOL

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE  Oh my. Sorry for all your troubles. It is hard when we do not have water. I have been thru several hurricanes and did not have water for severald days at a time.  Reminds me of an  saying old folk around here used to say." You don't miss your water until your well runs dry"

I hope things will be better for you real soon.

Honored Contributor

Either the furnace goes out in dead of winter and on a weekend or holiday or your water goes out, septic backs up, etc.

Joys of house ownership. Always something and always will be.

Lightning strikes takes your electricity had that to happen up in Ind.

blasted squirrel got fried when he bit into the electric current. Fried squirrel

We had no electricity or phone . Didn't have a cellphone at that time.

Drunken mailman hit our mailbox post and our mail went flying.

think poor shark was born under dark star.

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1  It sounds like a lovey momment  on a rainy chilly day! I wish a I could join you.🙂 Being greatful and having gratitude blesses you!

@SharkE No water?  I hope the situation gets fixed soon! Without our creature comforts it is difficult. I am such a baby when the power goes out....

Esteemed Contributor

@webbgarner1

What a sweet post.  Those cozy kind of days are nice.  It’s nice to curl up and relax.  Enjoy. 

Honored Contributor

Man, finally fixed my water problem after showing up late to begin with, then leaving at 11:30 to supposedly go get a part, but, he ended up going to somebody else's house who had a problem and even though I called at 6:45 and to the emergency line they went to the front of the line. So, by the time he showed up again he shows up wtih his kid at 5:30. So, now, I know he not only left at 11:30 to get a part and probably eat lunch I thought he would be back by 1, but, no , at 5:30 he shows up with a kid so he's probably a weekend dad and it was his week to pick up the kid and take him some place to eat.

Didn't matter I 've been sitting here unable to do anything since 3 a.m.

Guess the other person that called was a friend of the boss and got pushed to front of the queue. I was so mad when he called at 5 I hung up on him

LOL He shows up at 5:30. He rushed thru the job and got done at 6:30.

If he had stayed with the job he could had done it in couple of hrs. I wrote down the times he arrived and left, in case they try to take me for 8 hr or some such ****.

I wasn't treated fair and will take time paying the bill. They can wait on my money.

Honored Contributor
We walked the boardwalk after dinner. Got home about 8, mid 50s and it started sprinkling. Now a steady rain. Love hearing that in bed. The wind every once in a while picks up but its not too bad.
Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm  Lovely sound to drift off to sllep to. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.   Better not take too much time to pay the bill as you might need them again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment