Honored Contributor

Re: ~ "@"+Nickname Now Triggers Notifications ~

[ Edited ]

MrsSweetieBear wrote:

This is good.  I'm sure I'll be trying it out.  But to be honest I am hardly here anymore.  The other 'fix' that needs to be made has not happened and it keeps me away.  That is the whiteness/brightness of the pages.  I have tried to adjust on my own computer settings but it's not enough if any improvement at all.

After the first couple weeks of this blinding set up I realized I was damaging my eyes with some concerning symptoms and so I stopped coming.  I hope it's not permanent.  I really shouldn't be here even now. 

@MrsSweetieBear,  I've missed you.  I do understand about the eye strain this display can cause.   I don't even think that particular problem has been mentioned in the next couple of issues they're tackling here, but I certainly think it should be.  (Sidebar:  There are eyeglasses available for those of us who experience problems from viewing computers or mobile devices -- in no way am I suggesting anyone should look into them only for this site, but they can be really helpful overall.)

Take care.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

I just can't say enough good things about you, Ms. dooBdoo!  To take so much of your time to help us electronically challenged posters is so selfless of you!  You don't have to do it, but you do.  (And so tactfully, too, lol).  

From all of us, to you....THANK YOU!!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo Testing as I'm electronically challenged Thanx
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, Thanks, so much, for the kind words.  I try to help, but there are many others who do, too.

@spix, I got your notification!  See, you're not "challenged" at all!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie, Thanks, so much, for the kind words.  I try to help, but there are many others who do, too.

Firstly, dooBdoo, ( with appreciation)~   I wish to let you know I had no success in a retrieve, finding any auto "S" but really thought that was 100% worthy in printing down to save as I venture on.......ME, venturing on, haaa~

What I did and who knows how my mind jumps around learning on my own!

>>Question though:::  in privacy, how do you feel or come to a more safe blackened in dotted background?

1.) Having profile info to profile to> NO ONE?

2). Show private info to profile to NO ONE?

3). Show email to NO ONE?

4). Show on line to use default (all)? The click save in preferences.

_________

I have changed backed 3 times but really have no idea if any one is the best. I do want to absolutely let you know this: You have helped hundreds, maybe thousands to answer their questions when no one else came to their rescue. And, I mean that with ever fiber of my click E ty-click fingers. 

And I took care of the notice from your comm. alert when I was not here the other day. Thank you so very much.      HOW do you feel today?         **I'm on my to S's Mr. L in a bout 1/2 hour.     We adore you so very much there.

Real friends!  The kind that you call FRIENDS. 

You've been more than helpful.    Of course I will never be the 'teacher here', but than the gift OF hand is just that- a gift!!   I much  better in band aides and tape and all of its glory.   I'm have so much patience today I believe I'll make a hot dinner...would be a cake but that's not up my alley, either!             _Naes

NAES

Honored Contributor

NAES wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

Firstly, dooBdoo, ( with appreciation)~   I wish to let you know I had no success in a retrieve, finding any auto "S" but really thought that was 100% worthy in printing down to save as I venture on.......ME, venturing on, haaa~

What I did and who knows how my mind jumps around learning on my own!

>>Question though:::  in privacy, how do you feel or come to a more safe blackened in dotted background?

1.) Having profile info to profile to> NO ONE?

2). Show private info to profile to NO ONE?

3). Show email to NO ONE?

4). Show on line to use default (all)? The click save in preferences.

_________

I have changed backed 3 times but really have no idea if any one is the best. I do want to absolutely let you know this: You have helped hundreds, maybe thousands to answer their questions when no one else came to their rescue. And, I mean that with ever fiber of my click E ty-click fingers. 

And I took care of the notice from your comm. alert when I was not here the other day. Thank you so very much.      HOW do you feel today?         **I'm on my to S's Mr. L in a bout 1/2 hour.     We adore you so very much there.

Real friends!  The kind that you call FRIENDS. 

You've been more than helpful.    Of course I will never be the 'teacher here', but than the gift OF hand is just that- a gift!!   I much  better in band aides and tape and all of its glory.   I'm have so much patience today I believe I'll make a hot dinner...would be a cake but that's not up my alley, either!             _Naes

NAES

@NAES1, Thanks for those sweet sentiments.  I try to pass along what I've learned, sometimes it's helpful and other times not so much.

I'm doing okay today.  Thanks for asking.  Take good care of yourself.  I hope you know how much all of us appreciate your generosity, compassion, and support.Heart

I'm sorry the "Autosave" didn't help.  It's good to know it's there, but maybe it's still a good idea to write longer posts somewhere else (an email draft, a "scratch pad" area on the computer, etc.) first and then copy and paste as a reply here.

Regarding privacy, I check the boxes next to "No one."  The system default might say one thing now, and might change later.  So I'd rather my clear preference be checked.

Esteemed Contributor

One Special Prayer for you, along with many tokens of a lovingly perfect Heart

N A E S

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

This is good.  I'm sure I'll be trying it out.  But to be honest I am hardly here anymore.  The other 'fix' that needs to be made has not happened and it keeps me away.  That is the whiteness/brightness of the pages.  I have tried to adjust on my own computer settings but it's not enough if any improvement at all.

After the first couple weeks of this blinding set up I realized I was damaging my eyes with some concerning symptoms and so I stopped coming.  I hope it's not permanent.  I really shouldn't be here even now. 

@MrsSweetieBear,  I've missed you.  I do understand about the eye strain this display can cause.   I don't even think that particular problem has been mentioned in the next couple of issues they're tackling here, but I certainly think it should be.  (Sidebar:  There are eyeglasses available for those of us who experience problems from viewing computers or mobile devices -- in no way am I suggesting anyone should look into them only for this site, but they can be really helpful overall.)

Take care.Heart

dBd, I bought computer glasses from Amazon.  They help a lot.  My eyes have really been bothering me. I don't know if it's this forum or me.😣

Respected Contributor

@Himi lover Your cat in your avatar is beautiful!

Did your computer glasses need to be prescription?  Did they help here at all?  Tia!

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Himi lover Your cat in your avatar is beautiful!

Did your computer glasses need to be prescription?  Did they help here at all?  Tia!

😊

No, they're not prescription, I'm near-sighted.  Yes, they do help.  My eyes have been paining me a lot lately.  I'm on an iPad, and also use the Kindle application.  Maybe my eyes are telling me not to be on this forum so much.  All of the jumping around my screen does on this forum drives me crazy.  Plus, some threads have a darker background which I think helps cut down on the brightness.

These are the ones I got.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OFP1QQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00