Respected Contributor

"doesn't cling" "won't settle in lines and wrinkles" -LOL

I have to laugh.....who believes these silly 'sales' tactics??? 

Yes, every fabric clings- no matter the fabric, no matter the size woman.

Yes, anything you put on your face- lotion, foundation, blush, etc., will settle everywhere on your face! Including lines and wrinkles!

Honored Contributor

Re: "doesn't cling" "won't settle in lines and wrinkles" -LOL

[ Edited ]

I think it is all in how each one perceives those statements.  I don't find every fabric clingy.  Most are notl  Those boxy conservative tops sold could never cling as the material is way too heavy.  Also with makeup and skincare - well the products I use do not settle in lines and wrinkles.  Sure, they cover them but not the accumulation that many foundations and products do which is what is meant by settling in fine lines and wrinkles!!  Everything is not just a sales tactic!!  Some things are actually what they are claiming.  

Honored Contributor

I would like to say that all women can recognize a sales tactic a mile away, that they know a sales pitch from the truth but I don't think that's true.  I think many women, especially in the shopping channel business buy the dream.  They believe what their favorite hosts and vendors tell them even if it makes no sense whatsoever.  

Contributor

Laura Geller Balance and Brighten has never settled into my many wrinkles.  Been using it for years 

Honored Contributor

Some fabrics cling ... not all.   I wore a rayon shirt over a poly tee ... with cotton jeans.  Nothing was clinging to anythng else.  But - two LOGO tops can and do stick to one another.  Nothing clings to liquid knit.

I don't have lines and wrinkles  ... so I can't speak to makeup.

Honored Contributor

Here's all I know (and this pertains to me) everyone is different.  

If I wear something sheer or silky or tight every fat roll and bump shows up THROUGH the garment.  

As far as cosmetics.  I have very few wrinkles or brown spots.  But if you put powder on my face it looks like a road map....the kind that shows every little and big road.....The more sheer the powder, the better it settles into the fine lines I've managed to get in my 71 years.  Hence, I do not wear anything (i,e. eye shadow, powder, you name it) that resembles a powder.  It must be some kind of liquid or cream for me to use it.

Now my 16 year old granddaughter and I go to Ulta and I buy her all of the above and it looks great on her.  But then her skin is only 16 years old.

If old(er) people CAN wear sheer (or whatever is being sold) more power to them.  I just know I can't wear it.

All those dimples that are on the area where 'the sun doesn't shine' will forevermore stay where the sun doesn't shine and stay covered up..

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreeAnd the research shows that even those of us who think we aren't affected by the blah-blah blah are not as rational as we think we are.

I'd tell you I'm not affected by what they say, but in reality I undoubtedly am no different from millions of others, so that means when I "know" something does or doesn't cling, it's experience speaking, not the sales pitch. 

I must say I truly appreciate the time one of my favorite Nordstrom clerks saves me when she suggests I not bother to try on something I've pulled to take into the dressing room.  She knows how much I hate cling and she knows what clings from her inventory.  Super help!

Respected Contributor

No powders for me either. They just do not work with my skin. Every time a  beauty “expert” tries to sell a powder as the answer for all skin types, I just ignore it. I like a cream because I can control the amount applied. I use a light hand.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it has to do with how much you have to cling to and how deep the wrinkles are!

I prefer heavier fabrics for the most part...they just hang better and look more crisp on me.  As far as wrinkles go, I prefer to cover up those brown spots for a more even skin....even if a fuller foundation shows wrinkles up a little more, I guess I just choose between the lesser of two evils! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My personal favorite sales pitch....horizontal stripes don't make you look larger.  In fact, they're slenderizing.  Yeah, right!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment