Honored Contributor

Let's change graphics, the logo and all this other silly stuff - meanwhile, this is probably one of the worst websites on the internet.  

*smacks head*

Honored Contributor

It's simpler, crisper.  

Honored Contributor

I notice how it definitely resembles a key on a keyboard.  I think the point is that QVC wants customers to use QVC via their social media and APP platforms much more than calling in on the phone.  They have been pushing "tap that APP," and now they have Youtube Blogs dedicated to fashion and beauty hosted by some of the QVC hosts.  Hosts are putting their own videos up on their FB pages a lot.  QVC is introducing products on their FB and Instagram pages. 

I don't think the goal was about a typeset .  I think it's about changing the culture in sync with shopping on the Internet.

Frequent Contributor

Right up there with the new WW. I've heard all the reasons why but it's still silly to change names and even sillier to hear it said.  "WW" or "The Q".  Trying to sound cool?  Sounds 21st Century lazy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I see it as "The Q" being trapped in a box of its own design and making, attempting to protect and buttress itself against the relentless, rapidly changing environment of retail unsuccessfully, with the "Q" agape, as it attempts to draw its last breath, the air in the box dwindling.

New Contributor

I agree that the Logo is weak.   I don't see the point in changing it to a less identifiable logo.    People are used to the original one and now they won't even notice this one.   I say "Never Change A Logo".   Coca Cola, 7up and Pepsi have not done it and it has made them an icon.    White Stag is another one.   

I also find it more difficult to read about products with the light print.  Needs to be darker and thicker.   The majority of QVC patrons seem to be middle age to older and their eyes are not that good anymore.

Honored Contributor

All the graphics changed in their programming. Finer type in description and pricing. 

They are trying to reach a  younger audience with younger eyes that can ead the graphics easily. 

New Contributor

Well, you sure screwed up your website.    Now nobody can read it.   Stupid idea to change a Logo.   The only recognizabe thing that showed what site you were on. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I notice how it definitely resembles a key on a keyboard.  I think the point is that QVC wants customers to use QVC via their social media and APP platforms much more than calling in on the phone.  They have been pushing "tap that APP," and now they have Youtube Blogs dedicated to fashion and beauty hosted by some of the QVC hosts.  Hosts are putting their own videos up on their FB pages a lot.  QVC is introducing products on their FB and Instagram pages. 

I don't think the goal was about a typeset .  I think it's about changing the culture in sync with shopping on the Internet.

@Caaareful Shopper

I may be the only one who doesn't use apps on my phone, nor FB, but I'm just not willing to pay the increased prices, decreased quality, sloooow shipping/returns and suffer through an inept website, for QVC to look and feel more 'modern'.

IMO, in the long run, Amazon (who excels in these areas) will eventually chew them up and spit them out.

After shopping here for over 23 years, I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I used to spend here, but not any more.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Looks like a shadow of its former self...now it has a new message...think inside of the box.