Respected Contributor

"Free" Exchanges

[ Edited ]

Made my first exchange.  After the second article came in, it still did not meet my standards.  I called c/s and told them I was returning it.  I expected to get charged shipping for this particular transaction.

Then I received an email stating that I was being refunded 1.47 (!!!).  Immediately called c/s.  Here's what happened:

Did not get charged shipping for the first return shipment which was the exchange.  However, when they filled my order with the size I needed, it was entered as a new order and my total shipping fees were $11.48 (incl the $1.47 refund).

I asked the c/s rep how this could have happened and he said it must have been a "glitch" in the system.  Uh huh.  

Bottom line:  I'm getting a refund of $11.48.

Be very mindful of this exchange business.  Not always to one's advantage.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Frequent Contributor

If you are returning the item you should have to pay shipping, you aren’t returning for different color or size so you should be charged return shipping.  You got CS to return your entire amount so you got one over on them.  

Respected Contributor

Re: "Free" Exchanges

[ Edited ]

@DeeDT

The c/s agreed that b/c the mistake was made by the Q, a conciliatory refund was given.  I'll take it.

And, if you'll read my post, I did state that I had expected to pay for return shipping when the second shipment didn't make the cut.  The rub is that they included all shipping charges (incl the exchange).  If I hadn't called, I would have paid for the exchanges AND return.  

Honored Contributor

The charge should be original shipping and return shipping.  $3 + 6.95.

Respected Contributor

Re: "Free" Exchanges

[ Edited ]

@GCR18

Which is precisely the amount owed me.  I added the initial whopping refund to this amount.