Honored Contributor

Re: please serious,honest answers only ,no bashing please

Seems as though some people have been spoiled and now they are acting like spoiled children. So sorry this has happened. I still don't get the part about icy and cold, since O/P lives in the same house as they live in. Hugs to you, Maltese Mama. You have lots of 'friends' here who fully understand. Time to invite some new, real life friends, other relatives, and visitors. If so, they might not want to 'look bad' next time. Have yourself a birthday party, Valentine's Day party, or Irish shamrock party on St. Patty's Day. Invite plenty of 'other' folks! Maybe folks you know at church, women's club, etc. Just for coffee and cookies. Enjoy yourself. Don't be dependent on anyone living with you for your happiness.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/8/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

I'm still stuck on: What does icy and cold have to do with anything???? I thought that O/P lives in the same house, one couple living in the basement and the daughter living above O/P. I guess I missed something.....{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

you are right weather has nothing to do with it,that is what I said how did they even know what the weather was going to be.Besides I'm out shoveling with the rest of them.......or alone for that matter

Yes I have somehow given up any life I had over the past few yrs. I do need to take it back

Yes ,it was at a restaurant near home. I never heard of paying to go to a birthday party either.

I cannot believe even my own daughter,living upstairs from me, didn't tell me about it {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

BlueCollarBabe: Oh, yes, you're right. Now I feel ridiculously ridiculous, lol..........{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Well, at least it wasn't in the same house, which would have been shameful. And, actually, looking back three decades or more, same thing (more or less, but very, very similar) happened to me. I just forgave and forgot about it. (Most people invited didn't even believe that nobody told me about it, as I recall, lol.) Sometimes the things people do and say are so bizarre that folks wouldn't believe it, anyway. (Something a friend who had similar experiences told me a hundred years ago, lol.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Yes, Maltese Mamma! Beginning Monday, you just start calling your previous friends and acquaintances.....tell them that you've decided to rekindle your relationship with them. And would they like to come over to your house for coffee and cookies or cake for Valentine's Day, or St. Patrick's Day, or Friendship Day!! Just make up a special day!! I'll be waiting to hear from you with updates!! Hugs from all of us here!! I don't know how to show hearts here, so a happy face for now: Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry you have been hurt by this, families can be difficult.

One thing I see in my family, now that I am the next to oldest old-lady, is that sometimes, for the younger set, there will be a young party, which can also include their friends, and a different family party for all the family. However for the family party transportation is included for those who need it. Could there be some aspect of this going on?

Super Contributor

On 2/8/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

BlueCollarBabe: Oh, yes, you're right. Now I feel ridiculously ridiculous, lol..........{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Well, at least it wasn't in the same house, which would have been shameful. And, actually, looking back three decades or more, same thing (more or less) happened to me. I just forgave and forgot about it. (Most people invited didn't even believe that nobody told me about it, as I recall, lol.) Sometimes the things people do and say are so bizarre that folks wouldn't believe it, anyway. (Something a friend who had similar experiences told me a hundred years ago, lol.)

Isn't that the truth!? But the OP said they've done this to her before so it sounds like there's a pattern.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Blue Collar Babe! We could write a book, I'm guessing! That sentence in bold print should be posted and framed on our walls! Just to remind us.

Esteemed Contributor

I would not be offended at all if this was the case,but my daughterOn 2/8/2015 Still Raining said:

I am so sorry you have been hurt by this, families can be difficult.

One thing I see in my family, now that I am the next to oldest old-lady, is that sometimes, for the younger set, there will be a young party, which can also include their friends, and a different family party for all the family. However for the family party transportation is included for those who need it. Could there be some aspect of this going on?

No the family was invited .I was snubbed and last Oct same thing at my own sons birthday party. Funny if you think about it were not for me,none of them would even behere......lol

We are ( or I always thought we were) a very close family,we all live and work in the same town

Thanks everyone...my poor dog need to go out .I've been a bad doggie mom all day wallowing in my "heartbreak"

Honored Contributor

Time to invite your own friends/acquaintances. It's always good 'insurance' for a happy life to include others besides family in our lives. For balance, etc. A word for the wise.

Honored Contributor

I think you need to figure out why you weren't wanted at the party. It has nothing to do with the weather. It's easier to invite someone than to hide the event from them so there has to be a reason that's worth excluding you, especially when you can evict them, raise their rent, or disinherit them.

Would any of them be honest and tell you the truth even if the truth is unpleasant to hear?

Do they spend time with you otherwise, celebrate your birthday, or are you ignored?