Trusted Contributor

Re: parents forced to evict their son

I read that the young man can only have supervised visitations with his child and the parents wanted to see the child and needed to go to the court to get the right to see the child.  However, if the father is in the home... they cant take the child to the home.... there is something very wrong here.  I would say the marriage had some major problems in it... and the court doesnt think this child is safe with the father.

Respected Contributor

I also read the son sued Best Buy, where he used to work, because they fired him. He didn't want to work Saturdays because he claimed he needed those days off for visitation with his son. He also refused to purchase health insurance because apparently it would jeopardize his status as a "poor person" in trying to get all his legal fees waived. Based on that alone, I can probably safely say he's extremely unmotivated, and not fit to have custody of his child if he refuses to find a way to support himself. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cumbercookie13    It seems that this young man uses the system to his advantage if he can; he has enough intelligence to know how to do this.  IMO... what he lacks is understanding that the whole world doesnt owe him!  ME ME ME.... 

Honored Contributor

My guess is, he is a narcissist, wants everyone to do for him, like it's owed to him, and he should get his way, because it's what he wants. The parents probably tried to help him out not knowing it would go for 10 years.  No responsibility for marriage, child, job, standing on his own two feet.  Until someone says, NO to him, he'll continue. JMO

Trusted Contributor

He is suing Best Buy for about $335,00.00. No decision so far if this case will proceed.

He is representing himself in court and he is the one who wanted the press conference.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal

It definitely sounds like the parents have tried for years to help him out. One of their letters offered him $1100 towards renting a place. Even offered assistance finding a place to live. Another letter asked him to move his car off the premises. That letter also gave him options for getting it fixed, towed, etc... I believe they also offered $ to help with it.

Sounds to me like he’s a deadbeat son that they allowed to move back home temporarily & he has overstayed his welcome. I’m sure they didn’t resort to these actions until they felt they had no other choice. He needs to grow up, get a job & support himself & his child. Long overdue....

Trusted Contributor

In court yesterday the judge told him that he needed to get a job.  He told the judge that he has a job but he refused to say where he was employed.   

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

He couldn't even make himself presentable for court.  Obviously the Mom and Dad tolerated this for whatever reason, but in my opinion he's a lazy, selfish, non contributing member of society !!!

Honored Contributor

Look up "loser" in the dictionary and you should see this deadbeat's photo there!

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

LOL@quote.gif

"insists he is too busy to get a job"

LOL@quote.gif

"Michael refused, saying that his job at the moment was getting his son back."

"Michael says he lost custody of his son, whose age he wouldn't disclose, back in September. The boy now lives with his mother full time, who Michael says he was never married to, or in a relationship with."

A-Booty call? 

B-One night stand? 

C-Immaculate Conception?

confused.gif

OMG!  That doofus actually procreated??