Trusted Contributor

the onwer's daughter and i chatted and i noticed that they had left a new or fairly new fridge in the house.  i asked her about it and she gave it to me..  i did tell her i wanted to pay her for it and i gave her $35.00 for it.  it is a whrilpool side by side fridge with icemaker and water and ice levers in the door.  i feel that i could not go wrong on this.  it is only about 5 years old and i know what heer mom paid for $1,700 in 2012.  she daughter had it all cleaned by pro cleaners and it is in really good shape.it is working and while it is not what i really wanted, it was a really good eeal.  what do you think?

Honored Contributor

From the little I've read of this saga, I personally would not want to have anything to do with anything connected with that house.  No matter how good a deal it might seem.

Trusted Contributor

they were all gone and the daughter is just trying to get the house clean and ready to sell.  had it been with the renters, i would have walked away and said no .and she is just trying to cleanup all the messes that they left.

Honored Contributor

Why wasn't it left to be sold as part of the house sale with the rest of the larger kitchen appliances?

Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover Do you think the daughter will consider this refrigerator deal part of a settlement to the damages caused by the tenants to your garage? I am asking because she will not pay for the damages and may consider giving you the refrigerator as some sort of payment for your troubles...I don't know if I would have accepted the fridge but it does sound like you got a great deal!

Honored Contributor

I would  not look a gift horse in the mouth. When we sold my MIL house at public auction, we got next to nothing for her appliances, but they were years old.

Trusted Contributor

she just wanted everything in the house gone.  i did tell her that i was file to file a claim on the insurance that is on the house, and told her that this was not a part of any claim for damages.  she is going broke trying to just sell the house.  the loans on it are more then the house is worth and she lives out of state.  it has been a enxpenssive headache for her and she paid over $2,000 just to have the junk removed.

Trusted Contributor

forgot to add that she is going bacfk to her home out of state today and the realtor is taking over from here on out.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't get involved with these people...

Honored Contributor

You aren't afraid that the meth heads might have contaminated it ?