Contributor

Re: nanny nightmare - she was fired but refuses to leave the home!!!!

On 6/28/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 6/28/2014 JaneMarple said:

SOrry but if this was my family her a $$ would have been thrown out and locks changed ASAP even if I had to get physical. I would have paid the financial repercussions, if any later in court. That being said, I would NEVER hire anyone to watch my kids and live in my home from Craigslist. I wouldn't even hire someone to mow my lawn from Craigslist. You have no idea who is coming over to your house when you get a complete stranger from the internet.

That wouldn't be legat Irish if you took ,atters into your own hands. You would have been thrown into jail for breaking landlord/tenant laws and not to mention assault charges.

I would take the consequences. I am a landlord and know the tenant laws in my state. Thankfully I have never had to throw anyone out like that but I have never known a landlord to actually be jailed for throwing someone out if they had just cause. A fine, maybe, not jail time. Of course this would not happen to me because I wouldn't hire someone off of Craiglist and if I did hire someone to work and live in my home there would be a contract that indicated when employment ended so would the live in conditions.

Jail time for throwing her a- - out and its illegal to change the locks.

Again, a woman like that would get BACK into my house over my dead body. It would never happen even if I faced legal action. She is looking for people who have to play by the rules, that is how she wins. Never in a million years would she get back into my house even if that meant I didn't play by the rules. Why would I let a mental case like that back around my family so she can do who knows what?

Exactly. Some people are push overs and that is what people like this kook are banking on.

Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 Marla Maples said:

SOrry but if this was my family her a $$ would have been thrown out and locks changed ASAP even if I had to get physical. I would have paid the financial repercussions, if any later in court. That being said, I would NEVER hire anyone to watch my kids and live in my home from Craigslist. I wouldn't even hire someone to mow my lawn from Craigslist. You have no idea who is coming over to your house when you get a complete stranger from the internet.

That wouldn't be legat Irish if you took ,atters into your own hands. You would have been thrown into jail for breaking landlord/tenant laws and not to mention assault charges.

I would take the consequences. I am a landlord and know the tenant laws in my state. Thankfully I have never had to throw anyone out like that but I have never known a landlord to actually be jailed for throwing someone out if they had just cause. A fine, maybe, not jail time. Of course this would not happen to me because I wouldn't hire someone off of Craiglist and if I did hire someone to work and live in my home there would be a contract that indicated when employment ended so would the live in conditions.

Do you live in her state?

Jane is correct. She must read.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Again, a woman like that would get BACK into my house over my dead body. It would never happen even if I faced legal action. She is looking for people who have to play by the rules, that is how she wins. Never in a million years would she get back into my house even if that meant I didn't play by the rules. Why would I let a mental case like that back around my family so she can do who knows what?

We all would hate for that to happen but the law is the law. She established residency, received mail and so that means she lives there. People like her know how to use the law for their own purposes.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

The same principles hold true for divorced or broken up couples, they can't be forced to move unless their is a dangerous situation.

Honored Contributor

We all would hate for that to happen but the law is the law. She established residency, received mail and so that means she lives there. People like her know how to use the law for their own purposes.

I think you're right, she did it on purpose. She obviously studies the law when she can and then uses it to scam others.

She's in CA doing this and has been labeled as someone who does that routinely. That should benefit the family. CA courts do not like people who use them to get others.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/28/2014 Marla Maples said:

Do you live in her state?

That's all states! Landlords cannot throw out tenants until they go through the lawful procedures of going through the courts.

People do it everyday especially if they aren't on the lease or mortgage. They may have to pay back some money but rarely do they do jail time. Like I said, I would have had a contract written up by a lawyer that said when services ended so did habitation of the dwelling. These people scre wed themselves by hiring someone from Craigslist and letting a virtual stranger with no official vetting move in to their home and take care of their most important possession. While I do have some compassion for them it was 100% their fault.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/28/2014 NoelSeven said:

I think you're right, she did it on purpose. She obviously studies the law when she can and then uses it to scam others.

She's in CA doing this and has been labeled as someone who does that routinely. That should benefit the family. CA courts do not like people who use them to get others.

I agree, she does this on purpose and if the family did even a half way decent background check they would have found out her scamming ways.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

People do it everyday especially if they aren't on the lease or mortgage. They may have to pay back some money but rarely do they do jail time. Like I said, I would have had a contract written up by a lawyer that said when services ended so did habitation of the dwelling. These people scre wed themselves by hiring someone from Craigslist and letting a virtual stranger with no official vetting move in to their home and take care of their most important possession. While I do have some compassion for them it was 100% their fault.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

Craigslist? Seriously? Was this couple aware of some of the horror stories about face-to-face encounters with some who advertise there?

They're more than lucky their children weren't harmed by that woman in their search for basically, a free nanny with some food thrown in.

SMH.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 NoelSeven said:

Noel, it happens in the northeast a great deal too. There's an ongoing problem in NYC because of gentrification, many landlords are trying to force long time residents out so that then they can raise the rents.