Honored Contributor

Re: nanny nightmare - she was fired but refuses to leave the home!!!!

On 6/28/2014 JaneMarple said:
On 6/28/2014 missyw1 said: I am thinking if a shelter type of place offered her a place to live, she would leave . Does she have family? What about the friend who gave her the reference?

She did this on purpose, after she established residency in the family's home, she didn't perform her nanny duties anymore. So she has to be given an eviction notice to get her out of the home.

I just added to my post, before I saw your reply. I agree.
Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 sidsmom said:

Change the locks. Case closed.

No, then the family would be open to legal action.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

SOrry but if this was my family her a $$ would have been thrown out and locks changed ASAP even if I had to get physical. I would have paid the financial repercussions, if any later in court. That being said, I would NEVER hire anyone to watch my kids and live in my home from Craigslist. I wouldn't even hire someone to mow my lawn from Craigslist. You have no idea who is coming over to your house when you get a complete stranger from the internet.

That wouldn't be legat Irish if you took ,atters into your own hands. You would have been thrown into jail for breaking landlord/tenant laws and not to mention assault charges.

I would take the consequences. I am a landlord and know the tenant laws in my state. Thankfully I have never had to throw anyone out like that but I have never known a landlord to actually be jailed for throwing someone out if they had just cause. A fine, maybe, not jail time. Of course this would not happen to me because I wouldn't hire someone off of Craiglist and if I did hire someone to work and live in my home there would be a contract that indicated when employment ended so would the live in conditions.

Jail time for throwing her a- - out and its illegal to change the locks.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 6/28/2014 sidsmom said:

Change the locks. Case closed.

No, then the family would be open to legal action.

It might be cheaper for them to pay for a hotel.
Contributor

SOrry but if this was my family her a $$ would have been thrown out and locks changed ASAP even if I had to get physical. I would have paid the financial repercussions, if any later in court. That being said, I would NEVER hire anyone to watch my kids and live in my home from Craigslist. I wouldn't even hire someone to mow my lawn from Craigslist. You have no idea who is coming over to your house when you get a complete stranger from the internet.

That wouldn't be legat Irish if you took ,atters into your own hands. You would have been thrown into jail for breaking landlord/tenant laws and not to mention assault charges.

I would take the consequences. I am a landlord and know the tenant laws in my state. Thankfully I have never had to throw anyone out like that but I have never known a landlord to actually be jailed for throwing someone out if they had just cause. A fine, maybe, not jail time. Of course this would not happen to me because I wouldn't hire someone off of Craiglist and if I did hire someone to work and live in my home there would be a contract that indicated when employment ended so would the live in conditions.

Do you live in her state?

Esteemed Contributor

Again, a woman like that would get BACK into my house over my dead body. It would never happen even if I faced legal action. She is looking for people who have to play by the rules, that is how she wins. Never in a million years would she get back into my house even if that meant I didn't play by the rules. Why would I let a mental case like that back around my family so she can do who knows what?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 herekitty_kitty said:
On 6/28/2014 herekitty_kitty said:

I agree, the parents are idiots to have hired a nanny through CraigList.

And a 65 year old nanny for three active little kids AND light housework? They were trying to get it all for CHEAP. All they offered in return was room an board.

She disappeared yesterday but left her things. Last I heard, they didn't know where she was.

However, the parents did find out that she sues everyone, even her family members, so this may have been a set-up.

The nanny is now demanding that the family GET OUT of their house from 8 in the morning until evening.

She is a professional at suing people. she is the lowest from of life. Our country legal system is a joke. the criminal has more rights than the victim.

To be fair, she's not a criminal that we know of, and they will get her out, but they have to go through the procedure.

They should have their heads examined for hiring her... Craig's List? No thorough background check? They're idiots.

The woman's friends gave her credit reference when called. But a babysitter or nanny should not be found through craig's list. Agreed.

the women is low life scum. a parasite. the world seems to have more parasites popping up.

Yep, it may be just me, but I wouldn't do anything through Craigs List. We're always seeing news reports of people trying to sell something that way, someone shows up and robs them or hurts them. Then there was the Craigs List Killer and other CL rape reports.

Our local police are always busting someone they discover using CL. The latest was a brothel in a residential neighborhood.

Super Contributor

I didn't read all of the posts but the nanny has threatened to sue the couple for elder abuse.

Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 Marla Maples said:

Do you live in her state?

That's all states! Landlords cannot throw out tenants until they go through the lawful procedures of going through the courts.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 missyw1 said: I am thinking if a shelter type of place offered her a place to live, she would leave . Does she have family? What about the friend who gave her the reference? This is the ideal situation because the mom of the 3 kids don't work.. I am guessing this woman (nanny) sought out this type of situation. She don't have to watch the kids, and can be locked in her room.

Yes, she has family. She sues them often.