Regular Contributor

My husband and I have just purchased a home in the Affton area of St Louis County. We are retired and moving to be closer to our kids who live in Richmond Heights. Are any people from here near Affton? It looks like a quiet area. Any tips as to shopping, drs etc?

Respected Contributor

I don't live near Affton but before  I retired I worked with a few people who live there and really like the area.  I am closer to Richmond Heights. Welcome to St. Louis

Honored Contributor

Re: moving to affton mo

[ Edited ]

Hi, @redbird!   I'm not familiar with Missouri but I think @ShowMe@minkbunnyand @possummink might be able to offer some information about the general area, or they might know of other posters with experience there.    Welcome to your new home, new adventures, and to making new memories!❤️

NEWHOME.JPG

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hazel Wells

Hi Redbird,   Congratulations on your new home in Affton.   I live in North St. Louis County and am not familiar with shopping etc in Affton,   I do think it's near Grant's Farm which is a very cool and fun place to visit.  

I hope you will love the area and feel right at home quickly.   I love my home state and city,  Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: moving to affton mo

[ Edited ]

@redbird wrote:

My husband and I have just purchased a home in the Affton area of SBt Louis County. We are retired and moving to be closer to our kids who live in Richmond Heights. Are any people from here near Affton? It looks like a quiet area. Any tips as to shopping, drs etc?

I have lived in Affton for over 20 years now.  And yes, it is a very nice community to live in.  It is close to many shopping areas.  And yes, Grant's Farm is not far from where I live.  Before living in Affton, I lived in Webster Groves for over 20 years.  Affton is close to Kirkwood, Webster Groves and Crestwood.  All very well established communities.  

One nice thing about Affton, it has some older sections and then there are some new sections....  As for shopping, there is the South County Mall, and not far from the Galleria.  Grocery stores are convenient.....Schnuck's and Dierbergs are the larger grocery stores.  And, there are numerous health care places all around.  As for doctors, I am fortunate that the doctors I have are not far from where I live.  There is St. Anthony's (Mercy) Hospital that is not far from Affton.

And of course, St. Louis is the home of the St. Louis Cardinals.  

I think you will be happy living in Affton.

Honored Contributor

It gets very hot and humid in mo.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

Welcome to the Affton area. My parents live in Affton (I live a short distance away in Kirkwood---still St. Louis county). I like to shop in the west county area. As previously mentioned, the closest mall would be South County mall, however, lots of stores are closing in it (they do open the mall around 6:30a for mall walkers, so it's great for that lol).

When choosing a doctor, i would look for one in the St. Anthony/Mercy network.

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for your replies. We plan to move around Labor Day weekend. It is good to get a little insight into the area.