Honored Contributor

more interesting...................

These baby cages were used in apartments in the 1930s to make sure the child got enough fresh air and sunlight, and also treated like a zoo animal.Annette Kellerman Promotes Women’s Right To Wear A Fitted One-piece Bathing Suit, 1907. She Was Arrested For Indecency.Unbroken seal on King Tut's tomb in Egypt.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Trusted Contributor

Re: more interesting...................

Interesting INDEED!!Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

That baby cage is downright scary.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Smiley Happy   Love it!  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@catlover

I've seen old photos of those baby cages.  It was done for "health", get those babies out into the fresh air.

Terrifying!  We can't even trust balconies, I sure would never have trusted one of those contraptions!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't possibly imagine trusting one of those contraptions to hold my child. It doesn't even have a safety rope or anything on it.As for it being a cage - back in those days people commonly placed children in small playpens while they did their housework, which essentially was a cage. Those playpens were pretty small too.

Honored Contributor

@catlover - 

My grandma & her cousin were arrested (or maybe just warned by the police) in the early 1900's when they attempted to walk a few blocks to the beach wearing their bathing dresses. I have fond memories of Grandma laughing about it as she told me about some of their escapades.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of baby cages.

I always got stuck in one of these.

Respected Contributor

Baby cage, what a horrible and scary contraption😳  I've never seen or heard of it.  As far as play pens, I don't remember my mom having or using one for me or my younger brother.  My brother was 5 years younger, so maybe there was a playpen for him(?)

Honored Contributor

I used play pens for my boys, man that baby cage is just horrible, never saw that before.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.