Respected Contributor

Thin, chubby, fat - for a flat tummy - exercise, exercise, excercise! Flat tummies are work. You can be as thin as a rail and still have a pooch without exercise to tone and sculpt that area.

Especially with age - a lot of women their butt moves around to the front. Mine did, so, it’s either like “hmmm where did you come front?”, looking at my stomach - or - “hmmm, where did you go?”, looking at my butt. Hahahahahaha! Oh,  I sooooo love aging 😂!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRLa huge LOL...I needed that

Esteemed Contributor

Not all of the models thin and most are larger than runaway models.  Some will say if they are wearing a shaper.

Esteemed Contributor

I work for a plastic surgeon. Some women can exercise themselves to death and they will never have a flat stomach. Only surgery can help. Especially after children some womens muscles spread out and surgery is the only option. Usually people can look to their mom to see how they fare after children but even then it is no guarantee. It is strictly luck. My mom wore a bikini after babies with a flat stomach but her moms stomach was not like that so I knew there was a chance my stomach would not go back to prebaby shape even with exercise. Thankfully I took after my mom but it is just the luck of the draw. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

QVC has the heavier models.  In fact, I'm noticing they have more and more of them.  So they have bellies.  And large breast/bottoms too.  The more fat you gain, the larger your breasts become.  With exercise, you breasts (& bottom) will gradually get smaller. Breasts by the way are semi permanent, so the size of them alter with exercise.  It's more difficult in the tummy area as it's stored fat.  The older you get, the harder it becomes to get rid of it. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic.

Honored Contributor

@bonappetitwrote:

If you cut out all WHITE flour processed food you too will have a flat stomach. 

LOL. How I wish that were true.

i haven’t had anything made with flour....white or any other color, whole or processed for over 30 years.  I tummy has not been completely flat since before I was pregnant.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARYwrote:

I used to have a fairly 'flat' tummy years and years ago.

But, now, at my age, it's a blessing to just be alive and somewhat safe (no falls, broken bones, major diseases so far, etc., etc., etc.). 

We can't live forever, so, imo, just keeping alive and safe is more important to me than, say, my un-flat tummy. 

Wishing everyone well.  And that's the important thing.

Women always bashing themselves and comparing themselves to others

Don't see men worrying about looking like Tom Cruise or Bradley Cooper