Respected Contributor

I know there are people here who follow cases of missing children and thought I'd pass this on since I haven't seen it posted. She is a child of color.

Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee issued a new statement on the investigation into Bianca Jones' disappearance Sunday. Bianca is the 2-year-old Detroit girl who went missing after a reported carjacking.

Godbee released this statement Sunday morning:

"The search for Bianca Jones is on going and continues to be of the highest priority relative to our commitment of dedicated resources to this case. The Detroit Police Department will not comment on the quantity nor the quality of any evidence or information we have gathered to date. However, in the interest of allaying some of the fears of the public regarding the apparent randomness of Bianca's disappearance, the authenticity and credibility of the original version of events is under intense scrutiny by our investigative team.
W e still need the public to relay any tips that could help in establishing the whereabouts of Bianca Jones to either 1-800-SPEAK-UP or to 313-596-2260, Bianca's safe return is priority one!"

An Amber Alert was issued on Friday.

It's from wxyz for full story