Honored Contributor

I just saw on the news the snow, tornadoes and sleet and freezing rain they are getting in the midwest. Good Grief! Take care , stay home if possible. It looked COLD and nasty.

Honored Contributor
We have a wind advisory until tomorrow evening. They said we might get a thunderstorm. The sky looked black this afternoon. I'm in Chicago. I hope there are no tornadoes anywhere.
Respected Contributor

Likely tornado in western IA this afternoon.  I don't know if it touched down.

Trusted Contributor

Hi brii,

I hope that there aren't any tornadoes, either. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 11 p.m. for parts of southeastern WI. We also are under a wind advisory, too.

I hope that everyone stays safe in the Midwest, who is also under a severe weather advisory. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: midwest weather

[ Edited ]

I'm 35 miles sw of Chicago. 

Today was beautiful fall day!  I had the day off.

Tonight and tomorrow, not so much.  I hate Chicago winters. 

How many days til spring????

I'm serious

eta: Joliet weather service says severe thunderstorm warning until 11 pm. 

Honored Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

Hi brii,

I hope that there aren't any tornadoes, either. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 11 p.m. for parts of southeastern WI. We also are under a wind advisory, too.

I hope that everyone stays safe in the Midwest, who is also under a severe weather advisory. 

My daughter goes to school in WI.  I'm going to call and check on her.

I hope you stay safe up there, Toppers.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We had bright blue skies today but since yesterday evening the wind has howled and it was cold.  Snowy all over the Southwest mountains.  Yep, it's winter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm in a south suburb of Chicago and for the last 2 years, winters have been horrible!  Hopefully, we'll get a break this year with the crazy amounts of snow.  Looking back, I don't know how I made it.  Tonight, it's very windy and rain is expected.

At least this winter, since I've just retired, I don't have to go out in it.  Thank you, Jesus!!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

South Dakota here. We had freezing rain and wind advisories today, but pretty mild comparatively. I got the oil changed in my 4WD truck today, ready for the onslaught! However, supposed to be 60 here on Sunday, so I will be golfing! Woman Surprised

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop