Honored Contributor

One could do so much good to help others out ,that would be important to me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I would give all of my friends and family a million and then donate to my favourite charities.I would keep a couple of those million for myself to enjoy but who needs all of that money.I think having too much is not as exciting as dreaming about it.

Esteemed Contributor

Helping family and friends is a double-edged sword.

Yes, you are paying off all of their debt, buying them cars and/or homes, and maybe even giving them some "play" money, but those very same people that you helped out, can turn on you, when they find themselves in debt again.

They'll tell you, "C'mon! It's not like you can't afford it!", and when you stick to your guns and remain firm in your telling them "No", you'll be shocked at how quickly they become your worst enemy.

Best thing to do when one comes in to such a large amount of money, is to get with a very good financial planner, and attorney, who specialize in lottery winnings, and protect yourself first, before telling anyone, even your closest family and friends that you have won.

In fact, it's best if one becomes suspicious of all, just to protect yourself.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Helping family and friends is a double-edged sword.

Yes, you are paying off all of their debt, buying them cars and/or homes, and maybe even giving them some "play" money, but those very same people that you helped out, can turn on you, when they find themselves in debt again.

They'll tell you, "C'mon! It's not like you can't afford it!", and when you stick to your guns and remain firm in your telling them "No", you'll be shocked at how quickly they become your worst enemy.

Best thing to do when one comes in to such a large amount of money, is to get with a very good financial planner, and attorney, who specialize in lottery winnings, and protect yourself first, before telling anyone, even your closest family and friends that you have won.

In fact, it's best if one becomes suspicious of all, just to protect yourself.

@Plaid Pants2 That is so true.......When you hear about some of these stars, singers, sports players, etc... that have millions, and all of a sudden they are broke, it is usually because of poor Financial planning, and helping too many people.....Relatives come out of the woodwork when you win that kind of money, or make that kind of money.....I saw it 1st hand when my cousin was married to a Denver Broncos Running Back many years ago........It is hard to say No, but you have to at a certain point! Getting a good Financial Planner is a must!!

Respected Contributor

No one Power Ball on Saturday .... so jackpot should be close to half a billion.  That won't even allow us to buy QVC and show them how to run it~!