Frequent Contributor

I wish QVC would give normal measurements. waist, hip and length. Just looked at a pair of denim & co. pants - the measurements were so confusing, I passed.. Too expensive to keep sending items back!

Honored Contributor

@luvsshopping What exactly do you mean by normal? I have no trouble with the sizing of my D&C pants.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  They give measurements for places I didn't know I had.  Bust/waist/hips/length and maybe 1 or 2 others are all that are needed.  IMO, they're "overkilling" us with measurements because there were complaints about there not being any.  But what they show is just too much, IMO!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: measurements

[ Edited ]

The DO give the basic measurements like chest, waist, hips, length plus others for those who need them.  All you have to do is learn to read them.  You do that by studying them and applying common sense. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I know they give the basic measurements buried among a dozen others which does make it difficult and confusing, IMO!!   I do know how to read them and have common sense.  Should not be necessary to "study" measurements!!!

Trusted Contributor

HSN uses plain English, and leaves out the unnecessary fabrication manufacturing jargon.

hsn top.JPG

hsn pants.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

I can relate, @luvsshopping.  I often look at all those meaningless (to me) measurements and think OMG Woman Frustrated, and either guess or pass.....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: measurements

[ Edited ]

On that HSN chart, Sweep? What's that?

Nevermind, I googled it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 -- you're very lucky.  You've stated on here many times that you get the right size every time you order.   I'm not that lucky, I guess.  For example, when I order a pair of jeans that has a stated 28-inch inseam, I expect to receive a pair of jeans with a 28-inch inseam.  But noooo....  I've received anything from 27 inches to 29 1/2.   I don't trust QVC measurements for that reason.  The measurements on the website (or as announced during an on-air presentation) aren't always correct.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Another great thing about HSN, @Caffeina , if you plug in your measurements they are stored and a size to order for that particular item will be recommended.  It takes away the guesswork!