Respected Contributor

I subscribe to a few magazines. I have one weekly that I haven't gotten for 3 weeks, another weekly that I haven't gotten for 2  weeks and a monthly that is over due by 2 weeks.I asked my carrier about it the other day when I finally caught up with her and she said the facility where all the mail for the area gets shipped before going to local post offices is just letting them sit on flats and not delivering for some reason. I called my local post office to ask about it. The first and second time I called I let it ring about 15 times and no answer. The third time after about 10 rings someone picked it up and then just hung up. I finally called the 800 # where the wait time was about an hour. Someone called me back and took my info. I pay for the darn magazines and I've called them and they say they are shipping them . They say they will send replacements or extend subscriptions, but they shouldn't have to do that either as it's not their mistake. Anyone else having issues with getting their mags?

Honored Contributor

Hopefully we'll soon get a professional postmaster general to straighten out that mess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I subscribe to a few magazines. I have one weekly that I haven't gotten for 3 weeks, another weekly that I haven't gotten for 2  weeks and a monthly that is over due by 2 weeks.I asked my carrier about it the other day when I finally caught up with her and she said the facility where all the mail for the area gets shipped before going to local post offices is just letting them sit on flats and not delivering for some reason. I called my local post office to ask about it. The first and second time I called I let it ring about 15 times and no answer. The third time after about 10 rings someone picked it up and then just hung up. I finally called the 800 # where the wait time was about an hour. Someone called me back and took my info. I pay for the darn magazines and I've called them and they say they are shipping them . They say they will send replacements or extend subscriptions, but they shouldn't have to do that either as it's not their mistake. Anyone else having issues with getting their mags?

@catter70 

I subscribe to a few --- Catster, Sports Spectrum, and Guide Post....and Ive gotten all of them as scheduled....But I have a feeling my Barnes & Noble original October book order is sitting on one of those flats somewhere....USPS Mail Innovations claims they never got the order from UPS...and UPS is clueless....Barnes & Noble sent me a replacement with a priority one day delivery....they shouldnt have had to....and you cant blame the pandemic or changes at USPS...poor service has been going on for some years now....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

We don't subscribe to any magazines but our mail delivery is spotty.  There will be days when we get nothing but then other days when the mailbox is stuffied.  IMO the mail is delivered when the person feels like delivering it.

Honored Contributor

I did have a problem with one - New York Magazine.  Bi-weekly - delivered locally by the same service that delivers newspapers.  Really - the main reason I buy the magazine is for the crossword puzzle, and local interest stories, local personalities.  

The problem had been on-and-off for about a year. - and then with the flu situation and delivery access in the apartment buildings being impacted - I was missing issues.  I'd have to call the delivery service and complain and they would have someone drop off the issue.

Finally - I had enough and called and told them to cancel subscription and refund me for any issues remaining on the subscription.

Well ... waiting for check to arrive or credit to my charge card ... the magazine started arriving promptly alternate Mondays in the mail.  

So - problem solved apparently.

My other magazines are quarterly type - just four issues a year.  Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits and Interweave Crochet.  Others I just buy as needed from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Make sure they aren't now being delivered by a service called DoorFrontDirect.  They throw the magazine on the front lawn because according to them it's more convenient than having to get it from the mailbox in the wind and snow and rain.

HELLO, my mailbox is attached to the front of the house and having to walk out in the pouring rain to pick it up off the front lawn didn't work for me which is what happened the first time they switched it over to this new system. 

I was able to get it switched back to the Post Office. 

It was Food Network Magazine.

My daughter wasn't ever able to get it switched even though we made 3  phone calls in as many months and as a result cancelled the entire subscription.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I'ved recently noticed that I haven't received one of my monthly mags for what seems like a VERY long time!

One of the weekly ones I won't get for a while, then I'll get two in one day and then 2-3 days later I'll get another issue.   I just figured that somebody in the post office is 'borrowing' them and then bringing them back to delivery.   I am probably wrong and it's more likely about the mess that's been made of the USPS of late.

I'm sure glad I don't pay my bills by mail!   I'd be freaking out big time, worrying that they arrive.

Respected Contributor

yesterday I saw on the Internet that in may 2020 vogue knitting said it  is only going to publish twice a year now and it stopped publishing knitsimple.  and soho publishing laid off half of their staff.