Honored Contributor

Such an agreeable-looking and handsome man!  I am sorry to hear this.  He was so entertaining on "The Carol Burnett Show."

How wonderful that he had such a long marriage.  May he rest in peace!

Honored Contributor

Many leading men  are short - but he was 6'4" - such a hunky guy in Wonder Woman and so funny in Carol Burnett Show - RIP 

Honored Contributor

He was a very handsome man.  I remember when he posed for Playgirl.  I remember getting a copy.

May he Rest In Peace.

Respected Contributor

I always remember the Mark Spitz sketch where he came out in swim trunks with all the medals on his chest 😀.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I was a fan of the Carol Burnett show as so many others.  In fact I still  watch

episodes on ME TV and I always have a laugh.

It is sad that Tim Conway, Harvey Korman and now Lyle Waggoner have passed, they were such a part of a great comedy show.

Lyle Waggoner gave us many laughs when he was on TV, may he be at peace with God.

@spiderw 

It's so nice to be able to watch a show like The Carol Burnett Show on MeTV....where the comedy is well written and actually FUNNY!!!  Unlike the shows of today which are either bathroom humor, juvenile humor, or rauncy/risque humor ........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear this.  Part of the fun on the Carol Burnett show was that she was pretending to be, and acted, so hilariously smitten with him, almost panting in some of the sketches.  He in turn, could be counted upon to strike a heroically square-jawed pose, and preen, also hilariously.

I'm sure Carol is very saddened at this loss of her beloved cast member.  RIP Lyle Waggoner.

Esteemed Contributor

May he rest in peace ❤️

I enjoyed him on The Carol Burnette Show, but had a crush on him as Major Steve Trevor on Wonder Woman.  

Honored Contributor

I was watching World News Tonight with David Muir, I may have heard wrong, but I thought David called him Kyle. Maybe The Carol Burnett Show was before his time.

Respected Contributor

I met Lyle in the 70s when he hosted a beauty convention that I went to. All different hair stylist that styled hair on people that volunteered for special free cuts and colors. 

He was good looking!

Trusted Contributor

Re: lyle waggoner has died

[ Edited ]

They don't make them like that any more.  Fall off the chair gorgeous.