Honored Contributor

We got very lucky here in NY.  it is 80 degrees and sunny with a beautiful breeze. We have rain in out future, but today turned out so nice for the end of summer. I feel for the people who have to suffer floods and wildfires, and I'm so grateful for this lovely day.🌞🌞🌞

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: lovely Labor Day !🌞

Enjoy your beautiful day.I know I shouldn't say this but I am so looking forward to the cool crisp days of fall.I love bundling up to go out and cozy nights by the fire.Love soups and stews and all f those comfort foods that get the oven back on and the smells of spices back in the kitchen.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There's a hot air balloon festival going on in my city. They had  a nighttime balloon "glow" with festivities all weekend long with lots of yummy food and drink. I had a very nice time and you couldn't have asked for better weather. It was perfect and the balloons were so beautiful!Heart

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Enjoy your beautiful day.I know I shouldn't say this but I am so looking forward to the cool crisp days of fall.I love bundling up to go out and cozy nights by the fire.Love soups and stews and all f those comfort foods that get the oven back on and the smells of spices back in the kitchen.

@dex I'm right there with you, I love fall, I just appreciate beautiful weather in all forms. Our kids go back to school on Wed. , so this seems a fitting send off.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

We have had a great summer here in Chicago.  Today is a little muggy but temps are expected to drop 10 to 15 degrees by tomorrow.  

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  We having a beautiful day today also after a couple of chilly, dreary days.  After today our weather is going to tank again, back to rainy and chilly.

The only disadvantage for us is every year there is a huge two day Labor Day celebration at the county park adjacent to our home.  People come from all over and the traffic gets so bad we are kind of confined to staying home and indoors.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely a beautiful, sunny, breezy day here in the NY/NJ area. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A Happy Labor Day to you and everyone!

It's 76 degrees here...although overcast, still very nice with peeks of sun and winds out of the NW 10-15mph. I'm on our patio documenting our migrating hummers as they pass through (# 18 of the day just arrived - 107 overall so far this Fall migration) and DH is smoking brisket for dinner tonight...it smells heavenly! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, it's a gorgeous day here in the Northeast!....I almost feel guilty, as I'm thinking about those who are dealing with the horrible destruction from Hurricane Harvey and also those who are dealing with the terrible wildfires!....I so wish they were able to enjoy this Labor Day weekend as much!...My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with everyone!

My husband and I cleaned out our birdhouses and birdbath and are preparing for the birds to return to roost for Winter....There have been a few broods in each of our seven birdhouses during the Spring/Summer months and then the birds disappear for a little while afterwards, so this is when we clean their houses out and refresh with some moss....They must go on a little vacation somewhere during this time!...lol

We love having them and want to make sure that they have fresh, clean houses when they return and will also start putting out more food for them, so they know that they can depend on us for another Winter!

Rest of day....relaxing and will barbecue some Shish Kabobs!

Enjoy Everyone! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Beautiful day, sunny, breezy in the 80's in New Jersey today,

Image result for animated labor day images