Respected Contributor

Re: (likely) Gotta "make like a tree and leave", haha (sorry)

@gabstoomuch wrote:

@Marianne1 I got deleted too. I think someone complained, because they deleted right after someone warned another to 'read the standards'.

My post was well within the standards. I find it discouraging when someone is just trying to stay afloat, keep their heads above water, and just need suggestions, or a just hug to help them keep on swimming, and then really valuable suggestions get deleted.

Why is being humanitarian a bad thing? Geesh.

I didnt see anything wrong with your post or @Marianne1's either

@gabstoomuch.  It was like they took out a group all at once.

🙁

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@gabstoomuch wrote:

That was an incredibly important link, imo.

I agree with you, but FG already has it (if she didn't have it already, she got it from Marianne today). And none of the rest of us need to know what county she's in...

The only reason I knew the information I know is because the OP put it out there herself (the county).  I know nothing more personal about her than that-- nothing more specific.

I do not want to appear as though I am stalking her-- at all.  Just found info for her in response to her own posts over the weeks.

Respected Contributor

@Marianne1 wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@gabstoomuch wrote:

I agree with you, but FG already has it (if she didn't have it already, she got it from Marianne today). And none of the rest of us need to know what county she's in...

The only reason I knew the information I know is because the OP put it out there herself (the county).  I know nothing more personal about her than that-- nothing more specific.

I do not want to appear as though I am stalking her-- at all.  Just found info for her in response to her own posts over the weeks.

Oh, I know that! The mods deleted her post with that info too. That's the only reason I can think of why your post crossed the line though.  But she's been researching this info herself for at least the last few weeks...we have to assume she already knew of the resource you were able to locate so quickly. And if not, she absolutely would have seen your link & info before it got deleted. She was replying to later posts before it was gone. So you got the info to her, which was really the most important thing Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Marianne1 Most of us understand you were not stalking Smiley Happy Craziness here sometimes.

When someone needs help, there is nothing wrong with giving suggestions. This particular board is not the place stalkers would be.

"But for the grace of God go I"......

Respected Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

@Marianne1 wrote:

I am not challanging the mods, but I would be interested in knowing why my post was deleted. 

It contained a link and a telephone number that could prove helpful to the OP, it did not contain any request from me for more information from the OP by me.

The link and telephone numbers were safe, they are resources.

Not sure where I crossed the standard "line"

I am very curious too, Marianne. I saw your post before it was completely deleted and thought both would be very helpful. No personal information was requested by you-none at all. 

The post that was deleted above with the reason about requesting personal info wasn't Marianne's, it was from gabstoomuch. Marianne didn't request personal info. She inadvertently gave it. Her post was deleted without a reason given, so I'm just guessing that was why. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gabstoomuch wrote:

@Marianne1 Most of us understand you were not stalking Smiley Happy Craziness here sometimes.

When someone needs help, there is nothing wrong with giving suggestions. This particular board is not the place stalkers would be.

"But for the grace of God go I"......

There are stalkers here like everywhere

(this is a very bad place to share personal 

info jmho)

but ITA the last thing I would've ever thought was

that @Marianne1 was stalking, no way.

🙂

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

@Marianne1 wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@gabstoomuch wrote:

I noticed that your post disappeared and thought maybe you had deleted it for some reason.  Nothing stalker-like about it at all.  I hope the OP is calling for help.

Esteemed Contributor

Hospitals have discharge case workers whose sole responsibility is to ensure that patients leaving the hospital have a safe and appropriate place to go when they leave.  I am quite sure that Motel 6 is not on the list.  Surely the patient care advocate at the hospital or the discharge case worker could have helped you.  Something does not seem right here.

Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Marianne1 wrote:

I am not challanging the mods, but I would be interested in knowing why my post was deleted. 

It contained a link and a telephone number that could prove helpful to the OP, it did not contain any request from me for more information from the OP by me.

The link and telephone numbers were safe, they are resources.

Not sure where I crossed the standard "line"

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because your information was for a specific locale and therefore potentially FG's personally identifiable info. You posted it while FG was still reading and posting in the thread though, so I'm sure she saw it. I hope it's helpful to her Smiley Happy

@WenGirl42@Marianne1

WenGirl42, nice post.  While it could be like finding a needle in a hay stack, MODs have a responsibility to protect posters' possible location.  I too, am pretty reasonably sure FG was able to view the links Marianne posted before they were removed.

Esteemed Contributor

Does the OP have any family or friends?  There is always someone who can lend a couch to sleep on or something, right???  So many resources given on this thread and yet no feedback from the OP as to whether or not they were investigated.  Google is a better tool than a forum full of strangers IMO....