Trusted Contributor

like I do!, I'd like to share my new grocery find. it's called take and shake potatoes. I don't know how long it's been on the market, but I discovered it over the weekend. it's in a cup and has roughly 15 small potatoes for 130 calories and no fat. the carbs are kinda high at 27g, so this isn't something I'll eat everyday. you microwave it for 3 1/2 mins, let it stand, pour in the spice, then shake vigorously. comes in 3 flavors and only $1.50 a piece. I found it in the veggie area. it's a substantial snack for an active day, or you can mix it in with a salad, or have with eggs for breakfast. you can even use your own spice mix. I enjoyed it, so I hope you do too!

Honored Contributor

Re: if you like potatoes....

@freakygirl wrote:

like I do!, I'd like to share my new grocery find. it's called take and shake potatoes. I don't know how long it's been on the market, but I discovered it over the weekend. it's in a cup and has roughly 15 small potatoes for 130 calories and no fat. the carbs are kinda high at 27g, so this isn't something I'll eat everyday. you microwave it for 3 1/2 mins, let it stand, pour in the spice, then shake vigorously. comes in 3 flavors and only $1.50 a piece. I found it in the veggie area. it's a substantial snack for an active day, or you can mix it in with a salad, or have with eggs for breakfast. you can even use your own spice mix. I enjoyed it, so I hope you do too!

@freakygirl

I'd try it!  Sounds tasty and easy to make.  What flavors do they have?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Fresh veggie area??

Trusted Contributor

Lilac Tree

image.png

Trusted Contributor

3suwm5, yes! it's like on an end cap shelf

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Potatoes are good carbs, it's what we put on them that is unhealthy and fattening.  But this is a product I wouldn't eat for host of reasons.  It's junk food and it's just for snacking.  It sounds like  mirowave french fries and 15 of them would not satisfy my appetite.  No doubt they are heavily salted to make them tasty.  I see no plus side to these.  I'd rather slice a real potato and put some spices on it and roast it.  And I could eat the whole potato.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you!! I'm heading to the store today.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you found a snack that is making you happy @freakygirl--despite what the food police say.

not everyone has to lose weight and sometimes a small indulgence is as good for the soul as it is for the taste buds.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

Interesting snack, but I prefer a baked sweet potato or yam any day of the week.  Yum!