Regular Contributor

I have a small garden flag that in strong winds almost flies off the banner holder.

I even bought a set of flag stoppers that you put on each end and it works at times

but not in strong winds. I have already lost one flag that flew away and wondering

if anyone has any ideas or suggestions? Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

Even though my flag is sheltered somewhat, it still flaps quite a bit and has nearly blown off before. I started using 2 clothespins to secure it, and have not had any further problems.

Honored Contributor
We pull the holder out of the ground and bring it in when it gets too windy.
Honored Contributor

My flag gets twisted around a lot and I have to straighten it. Otherwise it stays secured in the ground. I have several of them. One is out in the open and the other in front of some bushes.

Honored Contributor
How about a couple of clothes pins?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor
DH took a piece of thin wire, wound it around end of post, over top of flag & wound it over other end post. You have or undo it to change flags, but they never blow off.
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for the repiles! I will def try one or two of the suggestions. Right now I am bringing it in during windy weather but would rather leave it out Smiley Happy Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

I finally resorted to these:

Honored Contributor
On 4/13/2014 agnesann said:

I finally resorted to these:

I have tried a small one of these but it either tears the corner of the flag when windy or after a few weeks creates rust spots on the flag. But it does keep the flag on its holder.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~