Trusted Contributor

Snappy , Issy , Snappy so SORRY, You hurt your Back, an hoping that YOU our doing better..yes rest is the Key..An Thank - You for the Support of our G D ..yes the bunny is so cute,an was out with us this evening in the back / yard..." LUCKY " was behaving ,as in barely !! so cute..Yes i was Hoping that your windows would be put in FAST..we had a SUNNY day today,in the 80's..

Issy i'm so glad you spotted the Homeless man, an he is O.K. !! yes WE our a good group here !! an Loving the Chats...

Well i shall sign off an call it a Night !!

GOOD NIGHT to all of YOU an A BIG THANKS for ALL the SUPPORT for our G D ...Much appreciated !!

Trusted Contributor

Snappy, I hope your back is better.

Bath posted a response to you "next door" on your thread, Devia! I just saw it!

Respected Contributor

Hi Issy, great to see you today. Thanks for the concern over my back. I'm on the heat pad again. It feels really nice, although it's a bit hot to use it. Slept straight through the night, but was stiff this morning. Had planned on going out but when DD saw me getting ready, she said no. She will do it when she gets home. So good to know the homeless man is still around. Feels like he belongs to us all. He has you watching out for him even if he doesn't know it. Spaghetti sounds wonderful! Wonder where Bistro Boy is now? Hope you get the new drapes. Decisions, decisions. I have to arrange to have ours taken down and cleaned before they put in the slider in our LR. We don't think they will be installed before DD goes back to work, but I'm praying they will. DD#1 has offered to come out to be here it I want. Am looking forward to getting them for every reason.

cute, good to chat today. Thanks for the sympathy over my back issue. It hurts mostly when I try to bend down and put on shoes or socks or anything, and pick things up and so forth. Have you been able to find the place to post next door? I can't figure it out at all. I got to sign in once, but that's as far as it would take me. Couldn't even find a way to sign out. Today I ordered the Kind bars to come in November. Just couldn't resist the ones with salted caramel. Oh my. Yummy.

MsLomo, glad you have been able to figure out things next door. I'm hopeless. If you chat with bath, tell her hi from me, please. Thanks for the well wishes for my back. It will be better soon. Good to see you today.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Trusted Contributor

MsLoMo , Snappy, Thank - You MsLoMo, for letting me know about Bath, an I will check,it out next door..thanks so much.. hoping I can get signed in over there..an Snappy hoping YOU are feeling better...

Tonight My Hubby an I went to the HARVEST PICNIC, an saw an heard an " ELVIS " empersonator..Hubby an I were setting at a picnic table as we had just ate, an I thought this gut was out in the audience Singing, when all of a sudden, he jumped on top of the picnic table, I think I jumped a mile, an ladies he never skipped a beat, just sang right on...this is the town, my hubby is from..tomorrow night, MARTY STAURT will be there, yes it's a free concert, they just take donations..we have seen, Little Jimmy Dickens, Jerry Reed, so many memories , my Hubby had Lunch with Little Jimmy Dickens, before there..so interesting..it rained there, but just before the concert, so it went on as planned..huge crowd..so much talent around !!

Well I shall sign off an get ready for bed...

GOOD NIGHT !! an thanks for the chat , ladies,you make my day !!!

Respected Contributor
HELLO.......SNAPPY, I left you a brief message on the widow's thread not knowing about this one. I like Kind Bars too but I find they are usually about $8 cheaper from Amazon and, with Prime, 2 day delivery......nothing like almost instant gratification. CUTE T.....the harvest picnic sounds like such fun. A few weeks ago we went to the Ulster County Fair in upstate NY and had the best time. My DS is REALLY into tractors and we loved the pulls. The sheep shearing, the old-timely games, the very bad for you food......it is all so wonderful and a great reminder of a kinder, gentler time.
Respected Contributor

cute, your town sounds like such a fun place to live. No wonder you jumped. But knowing you, it wouldn't have surprised me if you had gotten up on the table with "Elvis" and done your thing. You and your hubby are such fun people. Glad you got the rain but it didn't spoil the concert. Jerry Reed is the only name you mentioned that rings a bell with me. Thanks for the concern about my back. It is getting better. I slept well, and was less stiff when I got up. Am sitting here with the heat pad and it feels good. Giving the back lawn some much needed water. We have to conserve because of the serious drought. Send some rain our way, ok? I love seeing you every day. So grateful we are together. Oh, I went next door and signed in and saw your thread and posted. Figured out how to sign out also. It's very different than it was when we were there before.

Danky, I saw you on the other thread. Thank you for thinking about me. It never occurred to me that Kind bars could be ordered from Amazon! Thanks for the skinny. Do they have all the same varieties sold on the Q? I love the caramel ones especially. I can get them at Trader Joes, but not all the same flavors. They are good and good for us, relatively speaking. I'm happy to see you here today. These ladies are wonderful and would love to get to know you.

Hi to Issy, bath, MsLomo, CouponQueen, LurkyLoo and all who read here.

Respected Contributor
HI SNAPPY......I don't know how the Kind flavors compare to the Q's...the last ones I bought were the Carmel Almond Sea Salt (I think ) and I just compared prices in general . Since I discovered Amazon about 3 years ago, it has been my first go-to place for EVERYTHING ! I am fine...I really have nothing to be unhappy/concerned about....some days I am a little blue but that really is not my natural disposition so I move on very quickly......I am typically a " glass half full " kind of girl. We grew up with my Dad telling us all the time that when life hands you lemons, make lemonade...I guess I heard it so often it stuck. It has been very dreary here today so I made soup...I called a friend and asked if he wanted some because I ate so much I never want to see it again. I went to a football game last night and got home very late but I was still up at my 4:00 a.m. regular time.Needless to say I am pretty much ready for bed. Hope you and all the ladies on this thread have an enjoyable evening.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Danky an Snappy, so good to chat !! an Thank - You Danky an it sounds like Fun where YOU went also...Yes we have the TRUCK PULLS here also an, our they LOUD an PROUD !!! Thanks for chatting here...an yes we ate the WRONG FOODS, an of course I had to have a LEMON SHAKE - UP !!! My Hubby an I just got back, from his Home town, as they were having a Harvest picnic, an tonight was MARTY STUART, he is married to Connie Stevens, but she is not traveling with the band..he put on a good show, an the biggest crowd in years..Hubby an I had a BLAST !!

Snappy, it is thundering an lightening here now, we our glad to be home, for sure..Yes this is the fun time of the year,as so many fairs going on !! Yes , You said it, as I should have jumped up,there with him, I did think about it, but BOY !! he just hopped right up,on our table an just kept on singing that " ELVIS " song..this man has so much talent, he can also sign just like Johnny Cash, the Big Bopper, an he teaches school. at a near by town..there is so much talent around here..yes Marty Stuart,is from Nashville TENN. an he also has a T.V. show R F D ..but we have not seen,the show..Hoping YOU our feeling better Snappy..an just take it easy...THANKS for the chat here !!!

GOOD NIGHT !! To all of YOU, an I truly enjoy the chat...

Respected Contributor
GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON......I think I slept about a million hours but it feels good to not be in an exhaustion stupor.CUTET......it sounds like you had a great night on the town. Your description made me want to be there. I didn't know that Connie Stevens was still alive but I really hadn't thought about her much over the years. Was she the " Kookie, Kookie Lend Me Your Comb" girl ? You and your DH sound like a very fun couple......it is amazing how many talented people are wandering around. (I am NOT one of them.)They just don't ever get that one break that would change their life. SNAPPY.......are you in CA ? Did the earthquake this morning impact you in any way ? We will be waiting to hear from you with assurances that you and DD are safe. MsLOMO and ISSY......I am looking forward to "meeting" you both. I am going to try to go through clothes today. Get rid of the things that haven't been worn in decades and maybe start putting away summer stuff......it has been unseasonably cool here but beautiful.
Respected Contributor

Oh, my long post vanished.......{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Danky, it's the caramel, sea salt Kind bars that I wanted. DD#2 tells me that there is almost nothing you can't get from Amazon. She does a lot of shopping there. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sorry this is a hard time for you. I understand. Little by little it will get easier, but life is just different now. Your positive temperament will help you, but it's still hard. Yes, I am in SoCal a long way from the quake. I saw coverage of it on TV while getting ready for church. I've lived here all my 80 years and never seen that much damage, but it all depends on how close one is to the epi-center. Glad you are clearing out some clothing you don't need or want. DD and I just gave away lots of things to a charity. My hubby was born in Rochester NY which is sort of where you are I guess. I've never been on the east coast. You will love the ladies on this thread. Our cute and her hubby just celebrated their 51st anniversary and have an amazing family. Someday maybe she will tell you about her GS and his almost all underground house and property that sounds like a Disneyland to me. Issy is a business woman with a fashion flair and loves making jewelry, MsLomo writes with such wit and flair, and bath and her hubby have a 3 year old GS whose "Hal-isms" as he learned to speak have made their way into our vocabularies. Hope you come back anytime.

cute, I don't like lightening. Thunder is okay, but the two usually go hand in hand. You seem to get lots of it and we don't. So glad you and your hubby have been able to enjoy the picnics and fairs and concerts. Soon enough you will be sitting by the fire sipping cocoa and listing to him play his guitar. Ah, that sounds so nice to me. Yes, thank you, my back is MUCH better today. Slept well and was much less stiff this morning. Was a bit hard getting in and out of the car, but not bad. Hope we hear soon about a date to install the windows and doors, but I don't see how it could be before DD goes back to work on Wednesday. DD#1 has offered to come out to be here if I want her to. They are trying to sell her hubby's unit so they can focus on selling hers and buying the one they both like.

Hi to Issy, MsLomo, bath and all who read and post here.