Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Why did you feel obligated to go pick it up?  I certainly wouldn't.  I'm sure the garbage men would have done that when they made their rounds.

@Cats3000 

I dont know about other parts of the country, but the garbage men here do NOT pick it up....they strictly pick up what's in the cans and leave anything else behind.....I dont blame them, they have a time schedule to meet and they aren't people's "maids"

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Trash guys here would not pick up anything that is not in the trash can! 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

Why did you feel obligated to go pick it up?  I certainly wouldn't.  I'm sure the garbage men would have done that when they made their rounds.

@Cats3000 

I dont know about other parts of the country, but the garbage men here do NOT pick it up....they strictly pick up what's in the cans and leave anything else behind.....I dont blame them, they have a time schedule to meet and they aren't people's "maids"

@Spurt @Cats3000   Same here. Time schedule and their job is to collect the garbage not pick it up.

Valued Contributor

I can totally relate. One place I lived, there was a lady down the street who threw her trash bags in the basement of her house (it was a rental). I also had some neighbors who shortly after they moved in asked me about my garbage pickup, like the day it was picked up and what they charged. Got home one day and there was a big bag of garbage my trash can in the driveway. Turns out, he had been coming over the night before and dumping his garbage in my trash can. The bag was left there because my can was was full and my garbage man knew it wasn't mine. Luckily when I told them to stop doing  they did.

cookin

Trusted Contributor

My neighbors probably think of me as the crazy garbage lady but yea, garbage is a problem.  Rats!  There is a six-flat unit building next door (used to be a single family house) and those people are too lazy to go out their back door and put their garbage where it belongs.  They go out their front door and throw the garbage in the cans by my house.  Like I said, RATS!  Guess they think rats can't travel 20 feet to their building.  And if the cans are full, they just throw their garbage on top of the cans. 

Those multi unit buildings are a problem.  People move in and out all the time.  They are condo units but if they can't sell them they rent them out.  Then somebody is in there for a year and someone else comes in.  I live in a popular area of a big city and yes, rodents and other wildlife are a problem and garbage laying around does not help.  Not to mention people don't know how to recycle.  Recycle cans clearly say no plastic bags and of course, cans are filled with large plastic bags.  I have seen regular garbage men taking these plastic bags from the recycle and dispose of them.  So our garbage collectors do a good job but you can't expect them to pick up every little thing.  

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I respectfully feel that in light of whats going on in the world,garbage is a welcome relief. Relax, take a walk, breathe, you'll feel a whole lot better.

In light of what is going on right now in regards to a PANDEMIC, I think that's stupid reply.

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I respectfully feel that in light of whats going on in the world,garbage is a welcome relief. Relax, take a walk, breathe, you'll feel a whole lot better.

In light of what is going on right now in regards to a PANDEMIC, I think that's stupid reply.

You are right.  Garbage draws rats and rats can bring disease.  

Honored Contributor

in our area, as long as it is in a bag our trash people will pick it up and dispose of it. it doesnt necessarily have to be in a can or receptacle.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Cats3000, here's a thought: Think about others. Why should the garbage people need to pick up a bag on the sidewalk? Their primary job is removing what is in the cans, often done by machine. I always dispose of trash left by others on the sidewalk or my driveway (using protection, of course).

Besides, would you want to take the risk that some child might touch it?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Cats3000    I doubt our garbage men would get out of their trucks even if they were on fire.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment