Respected Contributor

Today is garbage pickup. I went out about an hour ago to put more garbage in my can and I looked down next to the can and someone had left a store plastic bag of trash next to the can which I then had to get what had fallen out of the bag back into it and into the can (I had on gloves). What an idiot. Why couldn't they just lift the lid on my can and deposit the garbage instead of just sitting it on the street next to the can? 

Honored Contributor

Because they were nasty and rude.  We've had the same thing happen.  

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I respectfully feel that in light of whats going on in the world,garbage is a welcome relief. Relax, take a walk, breathe, you'll feel a whole lot better.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I used to live across from a neighbor who disliked having his garbage can in front of his home.  Every garbage day he would wheel his large cart across the street to my side and leave it in front of my house.  Also, when he had extra trash, he'd go ahead and throw it in my cart, no bag-just loose.  Like you, I had extra garbage to put out in the morning and when I opened my can I saw all this loose trash in there that wasn't mine.

I would wheel his cart back across the street to his house and leave it there for trash pick up.  So eventually he stopped putting it in front of my house.  But often I'd find his trash in my cart - loose - pizza boxes, juice boxes, snack wrappers - all this stuff I don't ever buy.  They had a family w/3 kids so I knew it was his stuff in there.  Yeah, it was aggravating.  Woman Mad

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Garbage and trash - I HATE IT! I HATE lazy stupid people who just cannot seem nor do they care to toss their trash in a trash can.

Why do they do this?????

Do they live like this in their home????

@catter70   You're lucky you don't have 300 gallon dumpsters that works for 2 households lined in alleys as they are where I live. Not only do people miss these huge cans, the one person garbage trucks who mechanically lift to dump always drop residual trash and garbage in the alleys. We are among few homeowners and many college kids in the hood, me being a perm resident always out there needing to clean up the alley, junk on the ground that I must clean up. If I don't do this, it doesn't get happen.

I absolutely HATE TRASH everywhere!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Today is garbage pickup. I went out about an hour ago to put more garbage in my can and I looked down next to the can and someone had left a store plastic bag of trash next to the can which I then had to get what had fallen out of the bag back into it and into the can (I had on gloves). What an idiot. Why couldn't they just lift the lid on my can and deposit the garbage instead of just sitting it on the street next to the can? 

Ewww, I'd be fuming too.

Who wants to pick up another persons garbage.

We have had the same issue, but its a neighbors dog that get into their trash, the wind blows it up here or dog brings it up, and I have to pick it up. It was fun enough, till there was a dirty diaper. Jesus take the wheel.

Respected Contributor

Why did you feel obligated to go pick it up?  I certainly wouldn't.  I'm sure the garbage men would have done that when they made their rounds.

Honored Contributor

Count your blessings at least they did not throw it out into your yard.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Cats3000, I picked up the garbage because the truck picks up the garbage bin and the driver doesn't get out of the truck. Also, @ID2 , especially at this time I don't want to be touching others garbage, gloves or not.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Why did you feel obligated to go pick it up?  I certainly wouldn't.  I'm sure the garbage men would have done that when they made their rounds.

You're kidding, right?!