Honored Contributor

Re: front load versus top load

[ Edited ]

We have a stacked set in our cabin...they work great but just hold smaller loads since they are smaller machines, but I think they clean as well as full-sized ones. Ours are LG brand....the only brand we found that would fit in the closet space plumbed for laundry when we purchased the cabin....so far, no problems...have had for almost three years.

From all the posts...everyone has their own preferences in what they want in washers and dryers...glad there are so many choices out there now...to each, his own!

Trusted Contributor

I always thought a top loading washer and a top loading dryer made sense...I’ve only seen a few top loading dryers. I have front loaders and they are hard on my back and awkward....they are nice looking though.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have both and prefer the top loader.

i dont like the "smells" that linger in a front loading machine. i try to keep the door ajar as much as possible.

I've had a front loader washer for 3 years now and have never had a problem with the musty smell but you are right - I bought mine after they were advising ppl to do their laundry and when done dry the rubber gasket and leave the door open.  I love it.  

I rented an apt while building this house and I had top loading machine and it had no agitator and as someone said above - I'm short so it was a stretch to get the clothes out of the machine!