Valued Contributor

I love Bethlehem lights  I trust Chad and have for years but he has cost me hundreds of dollars because of fairy lights that last  only 2 weeks  Ever year he says the battery lights have been updated and I rebuy   I know  Im the itiot  I use them and they never make it 2 weeks  I have bought the 30 dollar strings etc  I wished in my mind that I could get a battery run set    fairy lights not bead   Well there were tons of them  I recieved them and they had a ubs end  I may have that wrong so I plugged it into a plug  Unreal  I have kept them on since  no timer  Now I am going to plug them into my small battery for my battery    What do you think?/  Will you also tell me your experience with these light strings   I also bought plenty of HSNs

Respected Contributor

I agree, mine last about 2 weeks.  I changed the batteries on my mantle last week and they are already starting to fade.  I bought some on HSN and they are still the same brightness as when I put them up.  I don't buy Bethlehem Lights anymore.  

Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie  Mine usually last a month for sure. We have them on the mantle strung through the greens. I put them up at Thanksgiving and replace them right around Christmas. Even when I replace them, they are still acceptable; but, I like them to be bright on Christmas.

Honored Contributor

I am sorry to hear that,.

Like @PA Mom-mom , mine all last over a month.  I put my decorations up the week before Thanksgiving and don't take them down til after New Years.  I replace the batteries once.

Some of my sets are at least 3 or more years old.  I didn't buy anything last Christmas or the year before (decoration wise)

I will only use Duracell and have excellent luck with all my Bethlehem Lights products.

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on how many hours you're using them.  4 hrs., 6 hrs, 8 hrs.