Regular Contributor

I don't trust ebay for any jewelry, cosmetic, or even supposedly authentic designer piece.  

I have been sent questionable items, and have since then stopped buying from them.  Just wanted to share with the community,,,,

Thanks,,,,

PS.  Please let me know if you feel the same way.

Honored Contributor

I have about a thousand eBay purchases but am very well educated on what I'm buying and know the right questions to ask.  I've mostly bought old turquoise Indian jewelry and 10 years ago made some great finds.  Today, not so much.  There's a lot of junk being sold at inflated prices but it's pretty obvious it's not good quality.  It pays to be careful, use common sense and ask questions.  Don't buy things that aren't returnable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't agree. I've purchased pretty expensive items and never had trouble. I make sure the vendors are reputable with long histories on ebay, excellent feedback as both buyer and seller, and use Paypal.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

I ask the right questions, even those I know the answer just to get a response.  I like dealing with sellers that take the time to be customer helpful.

I do my research beforehand and know what I want

I also buy from sellers who specialize in one type of item.  I feel comfortable that they are in the KNOW.  

I look for return policy... I look for good ratings as well.  

I have never had a problem and I am a long time ebayer.  

Honored Contributor

I have had excellent luck with all my purchases on a EBay over the past 15 years at least.

Trusted Contributor

I both BUY and am a Seller on E-Bay and have been since 2002. I have by far had great experiences on E-Bay and have gotten some great deals there. In all those years I have made a fair amount of money too! Recently after 6 years of using WEN I had to stop using that product and had 6 new bottles in my stash and sold them quickly on E-Bay at a great price. Of course I can use the extra money instead of throwing something perfectly good away that someone else can use!. I have also sold some clothing and shoes I have outgrown or new that I didn't like anymore and everyone loved their purchases. Only word of caution is to not buy anything from China as I bought a pair of knock off jeans from a seller there and had to throw them away. Lesson learned. Just look at the sellers feedback score and be careful. No I do not offer returns on used beauty items but they are sealed and exactly as described and I don't sell used beauty items for obvious hygienic reasons. I have sold only a few pieces of jewelry and have bought some nice pieces too.

Honored Contributor

@Flady1, I agree with the other posts.  I've been purchasing from eBay for at least 12 years and I've been really pleased.   But, as others said, I look carefully at the listing and the seller's history and feedback, and I ask questions using the "Contact Me" feature -- sometimes just to be sure the seller communicates easily with prospective buyers, if it's a more expensive item.  I've only needed to use their resolution center to open a dispute a few times and without fail eBay and PayPal handled everything professionally.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

No, I do not feel that way.   There are many reputable sellers on Ebay.  It is very important to check their feedback.   Ebay always is very helpful to the buyer if there should be a problem.  If you received a questionable item, you should have followed up on it. 

It is unfair to come here and make the assumption that the majority of sellers are dishonest.

Respected Contributor

I just ordered a Laura Geller blush 🙂.  

Valued Contributor

Educated consumer is the best consumer. Never had a issue with ebay. I have purchased Cord,Bixby, Lois Hill, Ann King jewelry, and Dolls.