Frequent Contributor

Re: do you like/wear message clothing?

I have a couple of Peace Love World hoodies that have inspirational words discreetly placed on the hood (not emblazened across the chest).  

In addition, I have a few team logo tee shirts and sweatshirts, along with one or two charity/cause-related tees that I received after making a donation.

That's about it.  Nothing controversial that would incite a confrontation.  Although, team logo merchandise does on occasion spark comments, but that's usually from another fan (ex - "Go Yankees").  

To be honest, I wouldn't have an issue wearing something that displayed positive words/phrases such as "smile" or "dream."  Nothing wrong with sendiing out some good vibes.  

Super Contributor

Never wear them.  If I receive as gifts, they become my "hang out at home" tops. 

Respected Contributor

Tshirts supporting sports teams, some concert tshirts and something like animal charities, etc are one thing, but stuff like the Peace, Love World, Victoria Secret's Pink, etc, no.  They seem juveline, high school girl-ish to me. Certainly not something I would ever wear.

Respected Contributor

Only to bed or to hang around the house in.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not generally.........don't care for logo laden accessories

don't wear message wear in a professional environment

Exceptions:  

Working out: a couple of motivation message tanks that I wear at the club 

Support for a cruelty free lifestyle:  will wear in a casual environment

One other exception that involves a sport

Don't care/judge if others choose to wear... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@excpa

Don’t like it and don’t wear it. 

I do make an exception for a few freebie t-shirts I wear while working around the house or working out. These are shirts I’d never purchase or wear as a fashion statement. They are shirts I am fine with ruining. lol

Honored Contributor

@excpa wrote:

In this day of constant confrontation I'm wondering how the nessages are received.

@excpa  Messages do not cause constant confrontation.  Last I looked we still have the freedom to express ourselves as we see fit.

The uninformed sheeples are the ones causing "constant confrontation".  And that goes around all the bases.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

not for me. Too many crazies out there now.

Honored Contributor

Interesting encounter for me. I walk the same route every day, so I have met many similar walkers, some of whom I enjoy saying hi and maybe chatting a bit.

I did so recently when I stopped to ask a man what breed dog he had. He was pleasant enough, and I petted his dog. I've seen him several times since. He always commented on my cast and also when it was removed. Other than that, though, he seemed somewhat dour.

A couple days ago I noticed he was wearing a "red" hat with with words on it. Let's just say that they were words that make my stomach turn these days. So what to do, what to do.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. We still greet each other. I smile and wave and respond. This may sound like pure common sense and courtesy to most of you, but it was a decision I had actually had to thing through.

Maybe there is hope, after all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Subtle, muted messages are nice.

I've always said/thought that the message could be on the backside, maybe at the top right shoulder area.

'That way', people walking behind us could take a good look, reflect, ponder.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).