Honored Contributor

Re: do you like/wear message clothing?

I like to wear my t-shirt supporting Warrior Canine Connection.

Esteemed Contributor

No I don't like them. I have wondered if it is because I am nearly 50 now, and they seem more for younger people to me. But, I didn't wear them in my 20's, 30's or 40's either.

I don't see many women my age wearing them. Now, I see men my age wearing all kinds of language bearing clothing, and younger ppl of either sex.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I wear them around the house and when working in the yard. 

Count Your blessings (black)

Need More Sleep (burgundy)

More Coffee Please (olive)

Weekend I Love You (heather blue)

I think they are fun and put a smile on people's faces. I see quite a few people wearing them around here. 

Respected Contributor

I have nothing against others wearing them but I do not wear anything with a message.  I do not care for designer logos either.

Trusted Contributor

I wear several "Life is Good" brand t-shirts and like the sentiment.  I also wear various logo clothing from my favorite outdoor entertainment venue here at our lake resort area.  People have commented on those shirts when my DH and I have vacationed out of the country.  

Respected Contributor

Yes I wear them..I like them..some of my favorite T shirts....“I may be old, but I got to see all the good bands”.....”National Sarcasm Society, Like we need your support”....” Nobody knows what I do, until I stop doing it”.....

kind of like wearable bumper stickers.....

Esteemed Contributor

I own several Anybody message shirt.  I wear them around the house because they are super comfortable!!!

Super Contributor

One, Robert Fulgram saying " It will be a wonderful day when our schools have all the money they need and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber".  Very old, full of holes and not wearable in public,  from the Vietnam War era.

Honored Contributor

Yes I have a couple of female empowerment message shirts. A Wonder Woman shirt. Sports shirts. I had some of my old t shirts made into a t shirt quilt a few years ago.

I actually ordered a message shirt today from Amazon. Can't say what it is but it's an important message to me.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I have a T-shirt that says "Purple Fridays" on it. It's a Baltimore Ravens shirt and I wear it when our school has "wear your Ravens shirts or other favorite football teams" on Fridays. I used to have some shirts with the names of beaches I visited, and I had a shirt that says "I wear pink for my mom" that supported breast cancer.

I don't mind the shirts that say "I love summer, "need more coffee," "Blessed," etc. My mom has a few of those. And ones that have names of bands and TV shows on them are fine too. It's just expressing what you like as a fan. I also follow YouTubers who document dying malls, vacant retail stores, and often they will wear T-shirts with store names they get from employees before the store closes down. Nothing wrong with that either. And of course "Merry Christmas," Happy Halloween," and holiday theme shirts are fine too. 

The ones with the passive-agressive & rude sayings,or sexual innuendos on them I don't wear. They look ridiculous, no matter what age or gender you are.