Honored Contributor

Re: do you get frightened...

not really......

i have my own personal christmas club fund.

i do the 52 week money challenge and the 365 penny a day challenge throughout the year.

i begin using the cash accumulated for the holidays to purchase whatever items that i need for gifts and whatever is leftover goes to the credit cards.

i end up with $2,045.95 doing both challenges.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  NO, I am rhe captain of my ship so I am the responsible party for any charges I incur.  I have a budget and adhere to it accordingly.

Respected Contributor

Nope. I've never been one to run up my cc.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@kitcat51 For us also, I share your "ugh".

me too. I put aside my best estimate of what our property taxes will be (i.e., I divide my guess by 12 and put that amount aside every month). Taxes are going up rapidly so when I make my estimate, I increase  the previous year's amount by about 10% or so. 

Respected Contributor

No because I'm aware of what I'm charging.  I actually pay my credit cards off twice a month in full.

Regular Contributor

The credit card is neutral as is the balance - it's the meaning imposed on it that incites or engages fear. Watch the mind 

Valued Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

No because I'm aware of what I'm charging.  I actually pay my credit cards off twice a month in full.

I did that too when I worked.  Next to the car payment, it was my second expense out of my paycheck.

Super Contributor

terrified.  I overdid it this year and now it's time to pay the piper

Honored Contributor

I paid off two credit cards in the last few months and working on my third so I'm not charging anything this year to get out of debt. 

Honored Contributor

No.  I"m able to pay off the entire balance each month.

I put off my retirement until I was on a sound financial basis and would not have to worry about money.  I saved for years.