Esteemed Contributor

Re: Exactly how drunk does one have to get in order to...

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow, shooting guns in the air!  That has to be one of the things that makes us look like a bunch of idiots to people in other countries.   SMH big time.

Hi chickenbutt, I'd say that there are idiots in every country of the world, and they shoot guns up in the air as well as using their heads as rocket launchers. They probably do worse than that.  

Sadly, idiots abound around the globe. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Contributor

Re: (WARNING! DISTURBING ADULT CONTENT!) Exactly how drunk does one have to get in order to...

Just heard from family that I know who have a child with autism that had a personal experience with this young man.  When in Disney, their child wanted to see Gaston, but the line was long and they tried to persuade the child against it.  He saw that the child was becoming agitated and left his "post" to come down and talk to the child, put his arm around him, took the time to interact with and walk with him until he was calm and happy.  They posted the picture of them on FB.

A different perspective on who this person was, and how terribly tragic and senseless this was.

Respected Contributor

Re: Exactly how drunk does one have to get in order to...

Reminds me of the stunts they show on Jackass. 

Valued Contributor

Re: (WARNING! DISTURBING ADULT CONTENT!) Exactly how drunk does one have to get in order to...

I agree with much of what you say in the post after mine.  Your last paragraph is right on.  It reminds me of young adults that go on spring break and after drinking jump from hotel balconies.  These are brilliant college students attending Ivy League schools so I would not consider them idiots.  I think what has my hair standing on end is the name calling by some and the judgemental statements from those that know nothing about this young man.  Hopefully, many young adults saw the news and will think twice before making such poor judgement calls.  I have worked with many young adults in my life and they all have periods of questionable behavior as we all do at some point in our lives.  

As for the family reading here, everyone has ways to relieve stress.  I questioned why my nieces and nephews lived on FB when my Mother passed but determined that was their way of coping.  I think in short we all wish for the same thing, PEACE and Guidance for the friends and loved ones of those left behind.  Sorry you took this personal to your post as that was not intended! Have a great week. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pl52

Thank you for sharing the special traits this young man had.  A huge heart that cared for others. 

Honored Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

Why am I reading this? I have no idea since it is like watching a train wreck that you realize you need to look away but continue to look at.  I personally did not know this young man, his IQ, what type of person he was and how he treated others.  I certainly have NO idea he was an idiot.  He made a very poor judgement call and he paid for it with his life. In no form or fashion does he appear drunk to me in his photo.  As a man, I don;t know what woman consider attractive but my daughters think he has a cute smile. How many of those that posted here have raised children that NEVER made a poor judgement call?  If you all have perfect children, you are a rare breed.  I may be making many enemies here but my opinion is this is for the TV news to share and we as humans should feel pity and love of others versus being judgemental.  I hope to goodness he has no family across the USA that may come here to post or read posts to relieve stress.  If so, may they know that many of us feel their pain and do not feel their loved one was an idiot. I know I made many bad decisons as I matured and in fact I still make some bad deicisons.  It is part of being human.  As the saying goes" don't sweep out someone else's backyard when yours has dirt in it".   I am sorry if I offended anyone but some statements in this topic seemed very cold to me and rude as to the character of the young man. 

I appreciate your perspective and your sensitivity. I truly do.

However, I would think perhaps hopping onto QVC might not be the first thing on the minds of his family members at this time.

I also think that while it IS tragic, its not ever a good idea to diminish the stupidity and recklessness of an act (particularly when drunk or on drugs) in the name of not wanting to be "judgmental".

No one is or can "judge" this young man's life or his worth. But the actions and decisions he made were ridiculous - and ought to be called out as such.

Its not cool or not just an accident. Its not something people won't talk about just because no one wishes to indict a dead man. But it is something which happened. And trying to understand how or why such things happen is important - even healthy.

As for his looks, I mentioned in the original post that he was very nice-looking. That might just be an added feature to how "disturbing" it may seem to some.

But it does add another layer of questions as to WHY such a handsome, probably talents, surely attention-seeking young man would actually DO such a wildly ridiculous thing (despite any alcohol in his system). There are already "issues" pre-existing with such a person since if it were all just alcohol, half the people in America would be walking around without a head right now.

Well....

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

newton's third law comes to mind : for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

Yes, it's sad a life of "What Could Of" was cut short, but....there are too many people in the world that are dying from many, many other circumstances beyond their control. Those are the ones that need my attention & for which I will remember.
Respected Contributor

Yes I think it is an over reaction to post this here.  the incident  was in the news but his family deserves peace.   

It's now becoming really strange in what qvc allows to be posted.

Respected Contributor

I think using terms like bender from hell and uses head as a missile are over the top responses to a freak accident where someone lost his life and cruel to his family. Do you know how much he drank? And yes I know your post is asking how drunk does one have to get to do this? This soul has met his maker and should be allowed to rest in peace.