Regular Contributor

Re: If we have "Christmas in July"...

That's the very reason I decorate less and less tired of unpacking decorations it's nice when everything is up but then the thought of having to take it all down and put away is getting to be too much.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I have no problem with it, as I do not tune in and if I see it, I immediately turn it off.

Out of an entire year of products, six months of it has to be dedicated to one overhyped, overcommercialized, and overpriced holiday??

Totally ridiculous.

I totally agree with you 100% It not could have been said better IMHO

Trusted Contributor

I also agree with LilacTree's post above. I may sound like a Grinch, but the over-commercialization of Christmas is such a turn off to me. I don't participate in any "Christmas in July" sales, but if there are people out there that enjoy it, more power to them. 

Respected Contributor

Christmas in July has been going on for over 30 years.  I know that in some places it was to get rid of inventory and drum up summer business.   I'm not sure how long the Q has been doing it, but not anything new.

Personally I don't care for it, but I've shopped in specialty stores for the sales.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

I like Christmas in July....I get a jump on the season and have to buy few presents during the rush. I enjoy decorating my home at that time...going to NYC just to enjoy the sights...meet with old friends and enjoy the season ....by 12/7 or so everything is wrapped and ready to go. I wrap a lot for Toys for Tots and other local charities...I enjoy giving, the warmth of the season and just don't deal with the crowds in December.