Esteemed Contributor

Re: If we have "Christmas in July"...

"And isn't Santa Claus and his elves suppose to be in, like, Bora Bora this time of the year? No wonder Mrs. Claus bakes so much. It must be out of frustration. I mean, her man doesn't even get the summer off anymore."

"WHERE'S OUR VACATION, KRIS??!!", must be the start of many a'marital argument up there at the North Pole."

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Check it out in Winkipedia - there's a lengthy summary of the origins, and it's certainly nothing new nor dreamed up by QVC.

Totally Agree.  Probably twenty years ago a local garden center had Christmas in July for their Christmas Shoppe.  Gave classes on how to make bows and was all stocked with their new ornaments and artificial trees.  Recently seeing ads on TV for various business advertising Christmas in July sales.  

Honored Contributor

I have no problem with it, as I do not tune in and if I see it, I immediately turn it off.

Out of an entire year of products, six months of it has to be dedicated to one overhyped, overcommercialized, and overpriced holiday??

Totally ridiculous.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

"It is all about the total commercialization of Christmas and $$$$$."

Does that surprise us when we're talking about a shopping channel, AND people tune in and buy?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

surfk, I think the Clauses are truly on holiday and happy that QVC and other retailers are working so hard on the Claus's behalf.

I look at all this as basically just more shopping with an extra glittery background.  It's pretty.

I wish they'd kept up the early Halloween shows, though.  They used to have some cool stuff for Halloween.  Like those blinking eyes and things.  Not too scary or ugly, but seasonal and interesting.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

If they thought they could get us to do it they would tell us to buy Thanksgiving presents for each other. It is all about money. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

It's all about money. Poor Santas Elves. Working overtime trying to unpack all the stuff made in China.
Trusted Contributor

It's all about money. Poor Santas Elves. Working overtime trying to unpack all the stuff made in China.
Respected Contributor

I flipped over to Christmas in July for the first time and started having a panic attack, lol. I don't even want to think about that right now. Click...
Valued Contributor

Do people actually enjoy having big boxes of holiday decor arriving in the middle of summer???   And then having to store them for months before using???  I spend half of January getting my holiday decor packed away in the basement.  The last thing I want is to think about having to find a home to store more Christmas stuff now!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."