Valued Contributor

deleted by poster

Honored Contributor

Re: If we have "Christmas in July"...

Obviously, it is to help people get a early start with great deals, on their Christmas shopping.

Esteemed Contributor

It is all about the total commercialization of Christmas and $$$$$.

Respected Contributor

Or Hanukkah in July

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

Honestly, I never understood where Christmas in July came from.  Guess I could google it (lol).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Check it out in Winkipedia - there's a lengthy summary of the origins, and it's certainly nothing new nor dreamed up by QVC.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

It's just QVC's way clearing out a bunch of Christmas merchandise before the fall stuff comes in.  They also get an idea of what will sell and what won't sell when Christmas shopping season really rolls around.  Which is Aug 1 for QVC.  Yup, those show hosts will be putting on Christmas sweaters and boots and and yakking about just 94 days till Christmas before Labor Day comes.    When I was a little girl, my mom would prepare a big Thanksgiving dinner in July.  Turkey, stuffing the whole nine yards.  Even pies.  She did not make a big deal of it; it was just a summer treat.  Other that retailers, I never heard anyone even talk about Christmas in July.  It was just something the stores did and they don't even do it now.   

Honored Contributor

"Christmas Clubs" have been around since the Depression. It has the same 'vibe' in terms of year-round Christmas.
Honored Contributor

It might be interesting to combine Halloween and Easter. Instead of Great Pumpkin, have Great Egg. Have the Easter Witch hide the eggs....the possibilities are endless.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

deleted by poster