Esteemed Contributor

What is the death rate from this virus?  And why isn't it being reported in a manner so that I don't have to ask?  Why can't I find it at CDC or NIH?

I can find the number of cases...the focus now since the number of deaths (which is also easy to find) continues to decrease. But the RATE of death from the virus in this country is elusive. 

I'd like to know...what is it and where can I see it?

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

divide the deaths by the number of cases = percent

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

Because unless you know how many cases you actually have, and number used as a "death rate" calculation is distorted.  The number of cases reported is so much lower than the actual cases in the population.  However that has not stopped some from making that claim with distorted numbers.  Then people wonder why others question other things being reported.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Worldometer . com will tell you.

Respected Contributor

Re: death rate please

[ Edited ]

Death rate? What do you mean? 

Esteemed Contributor

@ahoymate  Thanks, but that's a number...not a rate. 

Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@esmerelda   Actually agree with you on this. The data should be a little more clear and more easily accessible. I didn't take statistic courses for a reason lol, I'm not good at it. 

Number of deaths is not the same as death rate. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

Turn on CNN. On the right of the screen they have a world cases and death rate and a U.S. cases and death rate that runs 24/7. Current U.S. death rate is 134, 580.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Because unless you know how many cases you actually have, and number used as a "death rate" calculation is distorted.  The number of cases reported is so much lower than the actual cases in the population.  However that has not stopped some from making that claim with distorted numbers.  Then people wonder why others question other things being reported.

@CrazyDaisy  You need to know the number of cases with an outcome...did the person live (recovery rate) or die (death rate)...not the total number of cases. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: death rate please

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

Turn on CNN. On the right of the screen they have a world cases and death rate and a U.S. cases and death rate that runs 24/7. Current U.S. death rate is 134, 580.

@ellaphant  Again...that's the number of deaths, not the rate. The rate will be a percent. 

I don't have CNN.  If I did, I would check the number of deaths at the same time each day to get a clear picture of how things are going. 

Keepin' it real.