Honored Contributor

I do not do any scrapbooking but a friend of mine is making several shadowboxes for family....a family member passed away and she is creating a shadow box for several people.  I am 'crafty' but I don't know what kind of glue is best for attaching 'things' (yet to be determined) to the inside of the box.  I know we can use some push pins for the ligher weight items..... I was thinking about the #6000 glue for the heavier things. 

Glue stick glue is not strong enough, that much I do know.  

Any tips/advice before we get started and then find all the 'stuff' at the bottom of the shadow box 6 months later??

thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: crafting/scrapbook question

can she check tutorials on you tube?

Honored Contributor

I would use silicon because if you want to remove it later the silicon just peels off.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I do not do any scrapbooking but a friend of mine is making several shadowboxes for family....a family member passed away and she is creating a shadow box for several people.  I am 'crafty' but I don't know what kind of glue is best for attaching 'things' (yet to be determined) to the inside of the box.  I know we can use some push pins for the ligher weight items..... I was thinking about the #6000 glue for the heavier things. 

Glue stick glue is not strong enough, that much I do know.  

Any tips/advice before we get started and then find all the 'stuff' at the bottom of the shadow box 6 months later??

thanks

Just go down the glue aisle and you'll see every kind of glue imaginable.  There is glue specifically for wood (projects).  Check out glue dots for lighter weight items.  Also runner tape.  You'll see a bunch of tape/adhesive options at the craft store.  You can also check out HSN.  They have tons of adhesives.  Can get some ideas and watch the videos.

Honored Contributor

I have used velcro for some shadowbox items.  They can "work" themselves loose, but you just "stick" back on.  I think the heat in the attic is the problem.  Also, I didn't want the items to be stuck permantly, so it works.

A type of Gorilla Glue may work if she wants them to stay forever.  It's fast drying.  At least the one we use for wood projects is.  I think there are different types.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aleene's glue is popular among crafters.  Its website has a look-up table to find which specific kind of Aleene's is needed for your project.  Michael's and most craft stores carry it.