Not applicable

a little expensive for standard mail i think

Trusted Contributor

What's it at now? I buy the Forever stamps so I have no idea what the current rate even is.

Honored Contributor

What are thse words, "standard mail"? =Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

The cost to mail a letter or package here in the US is a whole lot cheaper and gets there faster than in other countries around the world.

Respected Contributor
Actually, not necessarily true, ms. Katz. It took a package from halfway round the world to get to our local post office 2 days. After a week, our local P.O. still hadn't delivered it. My soninlaw had to go in person to retrieve it.
Super Contributor
On 1/7/2015 sgraham30 said:

What's it at now? I buy the Forever stamps so I have no idea what the current rate even is.

I too have bought Forever Stsmps 'not forever, but a loooong time',,,and each time I buy 100 of them, I notice the price increase.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/7/2015 Justice4all said: Actually, not necessarily true, ms. Katz. It took a package from halfway round the world to get to our local post office 2 days. After a week, our local P.O. still hadn't delivered it. My soninlaw had to go in person to retrieve it.
One example doesn't define the efficacy of the USPS. After thousands upon thousands of packages going through my hands, the problems were small in number.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor
On 1/7/2015 straykatz said:

The cost to mail a letter or package here in the US is a whole lot cheaper and gets there faster than in other countries around the world.

I was going to say the same thing. What my European friends pay is obnoxious.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor
On 1/7/2015 straykatz said:

Absolutely! Just ask one of our Canadian friends about postage or anyone in Europe. We don't have it bad at all. I also buy Forever stamps at Safeway, saves me a trip to the local mail box branch/station.

Respected Contributor
I have a sad post office. Packages are left willynilly, are three weeks late, if they come at all. Pick ups disappear, or are stolen from the mailbox. Lines are forever, as people have packages and transactions to all four corners of the earth. Still, we have some efficient and kindly mail persons!