Super Contributor

Re: cooks essentials are junk

@Cats3000 wrote:

You gotta read the warranty.  Does it say anything about sending you a comparable item or a refund if your item is no longer manufactured?  What does the warranty say about shipping costs?

The warranty is a legal document.  If they're not honoring the terms of the warranty, your recourse would be to the consumer protection agency where you live, or get the advice of an attorney, or try small claims court.

Good points @Cats3000.

Valued Contributor

Perhaps because some people are disabled, can't walk, can't drive, and have to purchase online.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Why would anyone buy a large set of pots from the Q when there are a million other places to buy pots - that are easily returned????

Because some people can not go tp millions of places, and QVC delivers to your door. I for one am in that caregory, and have been shopping like this since they first went on the air.I have many items from Cooks Essential, pots and pans included, that I've had for years, I love them and don't consider them junk. Keep trucking to your millions of places, and I hope you never know what being disabled is all about.

Honored Contributor

@daisyk---Hi daisyk--Oh yes, his cookware  by far is  the best I have used. Nice looking, light weight but not flimsy, very well made and the non stick is cerarmic that is really nonstick. I bought his huge 14" dura pan with the helper handles , steam insert and lid a couple years ago and I use that thing for everything !! And it washes up like a dream. I have a glass cooktop too---works just fine. have been waiting for a set with saucepans and this latest TS had them. Hve gotten rid of as many of the pieces thta I got in this set and that is 15. am very happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

@wagirl ...Are you liking the Curtis Stone?

I love my Curtis Stone cookware.  Good value and it lasts!  The frying pans are fantastic, never have a sticking problem.

Valued Contributor

@lovesrecess I too have many pieces of CE that are very old, mostly all stainless but some are coated.  They are -or were- fabulous quality  and I still use many pieces on a regular basis.  However, I haven't bought any CE in the last several years and I'm sure the quality is not the same.  I also have Wolfgang Puck,  Emeril and Copper Chef that last very short periods of time before they become useless.  I used to get Kitchen Aide pots and pans from QVC that were great but are no longer available.  I only worry about warranties on my major appliances since the hassles of returning small heavy pieces are not worth it to me.

Honored Contributor

I fully admit to being a cookware snob. I only own Le Crueset, All-Clad, and Staub. I take that back, I do own one piece of Wolfgang Puck that is a small nonstick skillet. I have a small fortune invested in my cookware but it will all outlive me and needs to be in my will. LOL.