Valued Contributor

When my many many pieces of Cooks Essentials starting breaking down even with not using high temps or metal utensils- I contacted QVC about replacing and they said you can send them back- but when I did send one back- I had to pay return postage AND they don't have replacements- and they sent me a few dollars because of them adjusting for use and age!!! They don't even carry open stock SO HOW CAN THEY CLAIM LIFE-TIME WARRANTY? NOW i SEE THEY HAVE CAST IRON -WITH CERAMIC INSIDE- YEAH- LIKE THAT'S GONNA LAST! (NOT!) 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: cooks essentials are junk

Why would anyone buy a large set of pots from the Q when there are a million other places to buy pots - that are easily returned????

Honored Contributor

I bought many pieces of CE nonstick that I used alot and for many years---but when the news at how awful that black non stick can be, I got rid of it and bought new ceramic non stick form Curtis Stone. but CE served me well---I treated it carefully and it lasted. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kivah 

I have a large set of Cooks Essentials stainless steel cookware that I bought here at least 15-20 years ago and they are all still in great condition, I've never had to have any 'replaced', which I always thought would be more trouble than it's worth anyway.

I'm wondering what stores will let you return used cookware once the warranty has expired?

Just curious.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom 

I'm talking about not buying HEAVY items from the Q - and trying to return them to the Q or to the manufacturer - when it's such a hassle and u have to pay postage. If there are problems with the pots before 1 year -- it's still not worth returning. The poster said the pots have a Lifetime Warranty????? Costco is always my choice.

What was good 20 years ago - has now changed.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

I'm talking about not buying HEAVY items from the Q - and trying to return them to the Q or to the manufacturer - when it's such a hassle and u have to pay postage. If there are problems with the pots before 1 year -- it's still not worth returning. The poster said the pots have a Lifetime Warranty????? Costco is always my choice.

What was good 20 years ago - has now changed.

@kivah 

I gotcha.

I would never bother to return them either, that's what I meant by it not being worth the trouble.

I would just buy new ones to replace them, if I needed to.

Wish we had a Costco here, I hear lots of good things about Costco on the forums.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You gotta read the warranty.  Does it say anything about sending you a comparable item or a refund if your item is no longer manufactured?  What does the warranty say about shipping costs?

The warranty is a legal document.  If they're not honoring the terms of the warranty, your recourse would be to the consumer protection agency where you live, or get the advice of an attorney, or try small claims court.

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl ...Are you liking the Curtis Stone?

Super Contributor

I bought a Le cruset cast iron pan from here and it developed a couple pin holes so when i called Le cruset to ask about this and replacing it they told me i would have to pay postage to send it to them and there experts would examine it to determine if it was a manufacture defect and if it was not i would have to pay for them to send it back to me..I couldnt believe it and decided not worth it to me as heavy as they are.Lucky for me pan is still usable and wholes are not growing.I will never buy stuff like this from qvc again.

Bed Bath & Beyond have lifetime warranties on most items and Costco is great to from what i hear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Costco will take back almost anything with no time limit....I think they have some exceptions on electronics but have never had any problem returning anything....I have a set of CE stainless steel cookware I bought at least 20 years ago...I wore out one pan and would love to find another one like it...the rest is still good and I use it all the time...I am sure the quality of CE cookware that is sold now is inferior quality,
So many “lifetime warranty” claims are made because those selling know they will never honor it because the burden is on the consumer...never on the seller.